Which Processor?

Participant count
  • Participant list

Hulk311
10+ year member

LA
I just bought a brand new car and want to keep the stock 7" headunit/display and not install an aftermarket HU since it would need a lot of custom work to look right.

Which processor should I get?

Here is my equipment:

RAINBOW CS 265 PROFI VANADIUMs

ARC AUDIO FD4150

Hifonics zx 6400 amp

IDQ12 D2 sub

I plan on running the Rainbows with the Arc amp and IDQ sub with Hifonics amp. With my own research I found two processors but have no idea how they compare or which one to get (if either):

Alpine pxa-h800 ($700)

jbl ms-8 ($535)

Now, I have read that with certain processors when the music is off there is white noise, is this very common?

If you havent seen it yet, theres like a 300page thread at diyma on the ms8. Ive never used it but from reviews it seems to be one of the most flexible and user friendly factory integration units out there. Which one is best for you may depend on your factory head unit. Is there any equalization built inside it, or does your car have a stock external amplifier?

I'm a bit weary on the auto style processors. I had a PXE h660 installed and couldn't get it to work correctly. Now, Alpine helped me troubleshoot and was pretty great as far as tech support(realized after all this that the unit was faulty), but I wouldn't go the auto-setup route again. I would recommend checking out AudioControl for some of their options and maybe hit up the classifieds or ebay to find one a bit cheaper. I also have a stock HU and will be installing an EQX as soon as it gets here, so I'll have more to say on that when I get it running.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.