Which one?

sean8811

Hello all. I hope to have some help here!

I'm stuck on a few amps for my system.

I need a more powerful mono and four channel. I currently have alpine mrp m500 and mrp f300.

The amps I'm looking at are

Alpine mrx f65 and infinity kappa four.

Alpine mrx m110 and infinity kappa one.

I'm not sure which is best. I want loud but yet sound quality. I have an alpine cde 147bt hu and infinity kappa 60.9 and infinity kappa 6x8. Two infinity kappa 120.w ski subs in a ported box at 1.83 cubic feet per sub. All speaker wire runs are 25 feet at 12 gauge hd wire. For power and grounds nvx 0 gauge.

Please help! Thanks!

Yes I would use the bass nob. And I don't like any other amps other then alpine or infinity because of the speakers. I'm building a bigger system so that's why I want extra power. But not to big or I'd get the orion hcca amps

I understand u wanting to stick with those brands but if ur going to use the bass knob I think it would be best to have a clip light on the knob. If ur willing to change ur mind on the brands I suggest u look into audioque. There is a clip light on the remote gain knob and put out good power. Just my .02 either way I think ud be happy either way

I understand u wanting to stick with those brands but if ur going to use the bass knob I think it would be best to have a clip light on the knob. If ur willing to change ur mind on the brands I suggest u look into audioque. There is a clip light on the remote gain knob and put out good power. Just my .02 either way I think ud be happy either way
if you set your gain correctly there is no need for a clip light. in my opinion a bass knob causes people to push there equipment way past its limits. op you are limiting yourself a lot by only sticking with alpine and infinity. soundqubed, crescendo, soundstream, cadence, crossfire just to name a few all make nice amps.

if you set your gain correctly there is no need for a clip light. in my opinion a bass knob causes people to push there equipment way past its limits. op you are limiting yourself a lot by only sticking with alpine and infinity. soundqubed, crescendo, soundstream, cadence, crossfire just to name a few all make nice amps.
he wanted to use his bass knob so if he decides hes going to use it i believed a clip light would be a good thing to have. IMO i dont like bass/gain knobs i prefer to set it once with an oscilloscope and leave it. +1 on all the brands u listed.

he wanted to use his bass knob so if he decides hes going to use it i believed a clip light would be a good thing to have. IMO i dont like bass/gain knobs i prefer to set it once with an oscilloscope and leave it. +1 on all the brands u listed.
Not knocking you in the least the next best thing is a clipping indicator. I'm not sure why the brand loyalty the best I have heard are a hodge podge so to speak of brands. I'm all about the best bang for the buck whether it be used or brand new. I have run the alpine Mrp 1000 great power only thing I didn't like was the set subsonic.

I would have my gains set right to where if the gain was put up the whole way it wouldn't clip or distort, given what ever song is playing of course. The infinity tweeters tend to scream some times. I don't like that because of them blowing. So the volume is turned down. I usually just use me head units controls so a bass nob I probably wouldn't use even if I installed it. The reason why I'm set on infinity kappa or mrx is because they are in my price budget per onlinecarstereo.com . I want clear sound that can be heard far away. I want bass but not spl. I'm just confused on which of the two brand of amps both 4 channel and mono are the best for the money.

I've had a bad experience with online car stereo, like backorders and trouble getting refunds for canceled orders. Personally I would get the audioque q1 1200 for 269$Q1-1200D Amplifier and for the four channel audioque makes a 120wx4 for around 200. If ur really set on those amp brands I would say alpine because of my personal experience with a few of them and ther are tough amps, take some serious abuse without being damaged, aka shorting speaker wires, they get hot but do not seem to shut off due to thermal overload very often. I've never had or heard an infinity amp, but I have some kappa 6x9's taking about 125-150w with no problem.

150 watts! I have infinity kappa 6x9i in my rear deck currently not in use. I just don't know which amp would sound best. Alpine has more power and lower current draw. Infinity kappa is a more high end amp though has less power and higher current draw. I don't want crazy sounding amp though. And I hope online car stereo doesn't give me any issues. Has anyone else bought from them?

150 watts! I have infinity kappa 6x9i in my rear deck currently not in use. I just don't know which amp would sound best. Alpine has more power and lower current draw. Infinity kappa is a more high end amp though has less power and higher current draw. I don't want crazy sounding amp though. And I hope online car stereo doesn't give me any issues. Has anyone else bought from them?
These are both Class D amplifiers that should be fairly similar in efficiency. The Kappa Four should draw less current because it's designed to make less power. Kappa Four is a beautiful amplifier. I have these available to order.

I honestly don't know. I mean both amps of each type *mono and 4 channel* have nearly the same exact specifications. Though I have alpine now. They are great amps. Infinity I'm not sure of. I'll go with alpine. They are built tough and more power with less current draw. I hope I'm making a good choice with mrx f65 and mrx m110.

Now for subs though. Kappa 120.9w is nice. But how much better would a alpine type x be?

I've heard of Type Xs failing for no good reason. The Infinity amplifiers and that subwoofer have been around for several years unchanged. They're great products that we would be proud to install and sell if we didn't already have enough solid choices established.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

sean8811

sean8811
Harrisburg pa
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from
sean8811