What's this button for?

when the button is pushed down, it decreases the db by 3, to lower the sound incase you dont like too much highs

maybe i got it mixed up, you can figure it out, push it down and you will hear the get louder or a little quiter.. not much difference

sorry if i got it flip flopped, havnt had experience with infinitys

put them on whatever sounds better, really it doesnt add is subtracts ie. +3 is really 0, and 0 is -3,
This.

It adjusts the tweeter level to -3 or flat. Which ever sound you prefer. If your tweeters are far away and you usually listen at low levels you will prefer the 0 (+3) setting.

If you tweeters are near your face or you usually listen at high volume, you will probably prefer the -3 setting (0 DB).

it attenuates them ( makes them louder )
do you even know what that word means?
From Dictionary.com..

at⋅ten⋅u⋅ate   /v. əˈtɛnyuˌeɪt; adj. əˈtɛnyuɪt, -ˌeɪt/ Show Spelled Pronunciation [v. uh-ten-yoo-eyt; adj. uh-ten-yoo-it, -eyt] Show IPA verb, -at⋅ed, -at⋅ing, adjective

–verb (used with object) 1. to weaken or reduce in force, intensity, effect, quantity, or value: to attenuate desire.

2. to make thin; make slender or fine.

3. Bacteriology, Immunology. to render less virulent, as a strain of pathogenic virus or bacterium.

4. Electronics. to decrease the amplitude of (an electronic signal).

–verb (used without object) 5. to become thin or fine; lessen.

–adjective 6. weakened; diminishing.

7. Botany. tapering gradually to a narrow extremity.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Origin:

1520–30;

This.
It adjusts the tweeter level to -3 or flat. Which ever sound you prefer. If your tweeters are far away and you usually listen at low levels you will prefer the 0 (+3) setting.

If you tweeters are near your face or you usually listen at high volume, you will probably prefer the -3 setting (0 DB).
Thanks this is exactly what happens, and I like my tweeters to sizzle like sunday morning bacon, ummmm....!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.