What would you do with this.... ehh..

Participant count
  • Participant list

miker
5,000+ posts

CarAudio.com Veteran
Wayzata, MN
Well... I just built my box and floor, and all for my car... Got the floor al carpeted, all the wire run etc.... then it goes to ****ing hell.. I didn't take into account that the subs will only be 3/4 in off of the floor, while the top of the floor was at like 2.5in... So I had to cut off that back of the floor, all the wiring got all ****ed up etc...

Anyway, what I was wondering is, would you leave the crappy looking floor in? Or take the floor out, and expose the wire, but do a nice job and make the wire look pretty.

It is all mounted on a carpeted piece of 3/4 in... But that piece doesn't span the trunk, b/c it was made to under the other piece...

Or would you just keep the other piece in? I'll get some pics...

I'm just so dissipointed.... I guess there is just not much of a choice when you are going ported in a tiny car..

And NO I cannot build a new floor that goes under the box... I only have 15 inches to work with, and the box is 14.5in tall...

Here are a couple of pictures (1 before shot...) I am contemplating carpeting the box... The paint looks decent... And I'm not sure if maybe I want to do 1 type R with a clean 1000 or so watts going to it....

I was so excited.. This was going to be my first decent install, with some decent stuff (disregard the Sony amp. lol)

Before shot...

DSCN0919.jpg

Current....

DSCN0920.jpg

DSCN0921.jpg

DSCN0922.jpg

DSCN0923.jpg

DSCN0924.jpg

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

miker

5,000+ posts
CarAudio.com Veteran
miker
Wayzata, MN
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date