what would happen if...

It depends on where your gains are set. I am running 300 watts rms to my cdt comp set and that is 2 times more then rms. They sound amazing and have had no problems with them. Its all about using your ears and good judgement. If the speaker starts clipping turn down the gain.

what is clipping

You know that nasty pop and crackle sound your buddy's Best Buy system makes when it hits a real low note......that's clipping //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

When the gains on your amp are too high, some of those nice pretty sine waves become "squared off" and cause a nasty sound to be produced. These ugly square waves carry way more power than your run-of-the-mill sine wave and can cause serious thermal problems *read as burnt voice coils* if uncorrected. In extreme cases, clipping can cause the pole to "jump the gap" and bang against the inside of the former causing permanent damage to your funky pups //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/uhoh.gif.c07307dd22ee7e63e22fc8e9c614d1fd.gif

If you hear anything but bass or trunk rattle coming from your system, or if it seems to "get quiet" all the sudden during extended cycles, you should probably back the gain down a bit.

yea i just blew my audiobahn sub ( yea i know audiobahn ***** i didnt know what i was getting i had it like a month before i came here to the boards) i had a 1200w rms amp and 1100 rms sub and i had my gain all the way up trying to see if it would get louder and well...... my sub now sounds like blop blop blop instead of boom boom boom i

is the box for the sub ported? and also type R's dont sound to pretty when there in the higher number's... they sound there best at around 500-700

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

oryan20xx

10+ year member
oryan20xx
WA
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from