What would be the best amp for 2-Jl w6v2d4's

sonicboom03
10+ year member

I'm looking for a amp that would be good for the 2-w6v2d4's all around. I hear the Ab vfl's drain a lot of power and what not. Also how much power should i give them? My budget is around 300 bucks. I don't want to get every last ounce of bass out of the subs but with that being said i do want them to hit decently hard. I'm more concerned with Sq thats why i bought these subs. Thanks in advanced.

I agree with KR15 the AQ1200 would power them great and is a great amp. I am a big fan of Hifonics amps especially the new Brutus series the BRZ1200 you can find for around $210 or you can match your subs with a JL J2 1000.1 for around $280. There are so many good amps that put out 1000rms for under $300 just look around.

How are the Jl j2's? I haven't read anything about them good or bad. Also how do the mb quart onx's compare to the older dsc's they had? I was thinking of going with american bass until someone said they rate their amps at 16v's.

I'm leaning towards the Mb quart onx due to the fact that it's half the price of a sundown amp and it's supposedly the same amp as the previous dsc series which was a great amp.

I just bought a saz-1500d for a really good price. Will this amp be too much for my subs? How low should i keep the db on the amp?
Will be fine if set properly. I did not realize amps had dB settings...all these guys trying to break 150 should just turn that setting up a bit more.

On a serious note. Read up on how to properly set up your amplifier. It's asked about a few times a week here so you'll find something. Not to mention google or youtube will probably yield some nice results as well. If you need clarification after researching, then ask...but at least put some effort into it first.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.