What version SA-8 do you have ?

Participant count
  • Participant list

sundownz
Pro Seller

Supporting Vendor
North Carolina
SA-8_Versions.jpg

So it is a bit confusing due to several updates along the way... so the above should help out when ordering a re-cone kit.

We need to know what version you have to built the correct kit.

Aside from the box printing being a bit mis-leading it's not super hard to understand using the above picture.

The 60 unit run of "v.2" woofers (v1.75) was only sold to a few people who knew up front about what they were -- I just had the factory put v.2 on the box so we would know what they were as we unloaded the truck. But I am sure someone will get one of them second hand. They can be re-coned to standard v1.5 parts with copper coil and hard spider.

As the photo indicates the baskets cannot be swapped around. This is due to a bolt pattern variation -- some savvy users have drilled their own patterns and that is fine as all version v1 through v1.75 have compatible motors -- there is only a slight gap variation across generations of those but not enough to make a significant difference when using them together.

The actual v.2 model is COMPLETELY different. Someone would have to make custom adapters and/or drill and tap the top plate of an older motor to use the basket. I am not planning to offer this adapter.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

sundownz

Pro Seller
Supporting Vendor
sundownz
North Carolina
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date