What to use to paint interior plastic trim?

teenycar
10+ year member

So I want to paint my grey interior plastic panels black. I figure to wash them all down with soap and water then go over them with acetone to get all the grease and whatever off. Then scuff them up with some scotch brite pads and paint. So are people putting down a primer and then the color or just putting down color and what brand of paint has worked well for you? Thanks.

I have always primered my parts before color.

I have used caliper spray paint and normal spray paint and if you prep it properly then should have no problems

use alcohol to prep em. just regular rubbing alcohol. the Krylon pastic plaint has worked well for me...or you can go get that special interior dye paint, I have also used it with great results.

I just painted my whole interior with the interior paint....Can't recall the name brand...as long as you can paint it looks really well. My carpet was so screwed and it looks new now.
never tried it on carpet but have heard of peps doing it with good results. my brother had to paint his whole dash to match the rest of his truck after it was replaced after a dash fire and you cant even tell

never tried it on carpet but have heard of peps doing it with good results. my brother had to paint his whole dash to match the rest of his truck after it was replaced after a dash fire and you cant even tell
Man it turned out like a miracle. Not blotchy or nothing, getting ready to do it for my mother in her Tahoe....typical woman not giving a **** if she spills **** on the carpet. My dad kept in mint condition until it hit 227,000 miles and now its at 236 and its a 99' Model and it looks destroyed. He had the plastic stuck to the carpet from the factory under the floormats. It still has never been in the shop though, he has good luck with vehicles.

car DVD player online store

Car DVD GPS Player can play MP4/ DivX/ XviD/ DVD/ CD /VCD / CD/ CD-R/ CD-RW / MP3 with GPS TV FM RDS DVB-T Bluetooth SD Card Amplifier can show the best route to your destination can help you save a lot of time ,especail when you in strange city

Chrysler 300C Car DVD Player with GPS Navigation System 3D Screen Steering wheel control

Product Description:

Touch screen 5.0 Inch 2-DIN TFT LCD Monitor with DVD Player/TV/4*45 amplifier/AM/FM/GPS Built-in/CDC/USB/SD Card

3D menu Operation

ipod ready

Steering wheel control

DVD/VCD/MP3/MP4/DIVX/CD/CD-R/CD-RW/DVD-RW Formats

Dimmer function for night driving

DVD/VCD/CD changer control interface

Multi-channel auto EQ

Auto reverse function when parking

Car clock function

AUX input

Bluetooth build-in

Warranty:One year

car DVD player online store

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.