what the hell?????

swrve31
10+ year member

ohio
okay, so today i go to meet this guy i was gonna trade my sub to. i have a 15" rd audio alpha v2, he has a 12" orion hcca 12.2. i get there and listen to his hcca in his car first. its a honda hatchback with no back seat. for an amp on the hcca, he has a jl 1000. i get in, he plays it, and its pretty loud, i think louder than my setup at this point. i guess i should tell my setup now....i have the rd 15" in a 4.5 cubed box running off a memphis 16-st1000d. its wired at 1 ohm, so the amp should be giving it the 1000 watt rating? anyway, we take my 15" and box, and put it in his honda to compare.HOLY SH%T, i had to get out of his car it was so loud. i never heard my sub sound so **** good. so then i was like well, lets see how his hcca sounds in my tahoe(2 door). it was like having an 8 inch kicker cvr, it was almost emrassing, needless to say...i didnt trade, but why in the world did my 15" sound so **** amazing in his car? was it the jl 1000? is it that much better than my memphis 1000? what is going on here, i understand his car was smaller, but my tahoe is all open inside too, and its a short 2 door, shouldnt i be at least close to his output? he has stock alternator and no big 3, and i think 4 gauge to his amp. i have big 3 in 0 gauge and 4 gauge to my amp. what the hell????

big sub small space

1000watts on a hcca..hhmmm idk

i think if that hcca was in a big bix in your tahoe with atleast 2000wattsrms it may have ben a differnt story

...idk

its because his car is much smaller. this is why you see alot of crxes at comps, atleast around here
there's only 1 CRX around here //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

already said alot.... smaller car! for instance my truck.... smaller area get louder with less subs //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

The airspace he has to work with is drastically smaller than yours, hence why many many competitors use CRX, Yugos, and other super small cars like that. They are soo easy to get loud. A former teammate had a Ford Probe and i sold him my old setup i had(RE SX 15 and RE 12.1)... In my explorer it did a 144.3 @ dash, we installed it in his car(w/ diff box obviously, but same airspace/tuning) and it pulled a 145.6 @ dash.

That is comparing pretty much the single SUV that is easiest to get loud to just a small hatchback. I've been looking for a cheap Probe to turn into my system car. Planning on doing like 2 18s and 6kw+ in a low tuned box and eventually wall it off.

here is my example.

i have an s-10 with a dd3510 in 2k. a buddy at work has a yukon with 2 12" l5's on close to 2k.

he almost szhit a brick at how much louder my truck was compaired to his.

-vic

I'm going to get flamed for this, but I have to say it because you're all wrong. It's called cabin gain. This is reduced by a smaller vehicle. It takes a long distance for a wave to develop at the frequencies we play. The shorter the wave the less it's developed and the quieter it is. Cabin gain is how well the waves are reflected to the listening area aka reducing cancellation. So in short, it's not the small amount of air to move. It's the reflective surface. The different degrees of angle on the hatches focus the waves in different ways. Some are more efficient than others.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

swrve31

10+ year member
swrve31
ohio
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from