what program?

Participant count
  • Participant list
alright...if the port length is longer then the depth of ur box...then thats when u wrap the port around..forming an L shape or creating a maze look as in some boxes. am i correct?

alright...well you think u can help me out shrinkydinx?

all im doing is cutting the depth down about 5 or 6 inches and that is going to change the internal volume. and since ported tuning depends on internal volume i figured that would be affected. how do i modify the port to be tuned the same as before?

btw-RE designed my current box for my SE and it has a 2 to 3 inch section on the end of the port that forms an L shape..is that bad?

actually thats when you create a wormhole from one side of your box to the other - since its bad to bend ports.
HAHAHAHA //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/hilarious.gif.02a037aad04aa96f19982b298a3d70a8.gif

I left my flux capacitor in the other galaxy...

alright...well you think u can help me out shrinkydinx?all im doing is cutting the depth down about 5 or 6 inches and that is going to change the internal volume. and since ported tuning depends on internal volume i figured that would be affected. how do i modify the port to be tuned the same as before?
You would need to decrease port area if you were to decrease the port length. You can have a L shaped port. In most cases a Slot port will need an L shape to be able to have a large port area and low tunning.

By decreasing your port length, increasing your box volume will change tunning.

Use this site to get a basic idea on how you will be affecting your tunning.

http://www.carstereo.com/help2/Articles.cfm?id=31

yea ive used that calculator before and when i put in my figures i need a port length of 28". the depth of my box is only 15 so how exactly should i create the port wall?

from the hole go back and make an L that creates the length of 28". or should it go back and make a U shape or what?

yea ive used that calculator before and when i put in my figures i need a port length of 28". the depth of my box is only 15 so how exactly should i create the port wall?from the hole go back and make an L that creates the length of 28". or should it go back and make a U shape or what?
If you are using a slot port measure from the dead center of the port and make an L shape in to the back of the box. Also you will want to account for the end correction if you are using a wall of your box as a wall of your port.

ha..i was seeing how long it would take someone to say something about me bein stupid for usin that p2p ****. the govt is all over that ****. a friend of mine got busted for havin 500+ songs. he owes somethin like $100,000 over 25 years. u get so many viruses anyhow. besides limewire or kazaa versions of **** for some reason to me always seem messed up-at least kazaa. now that i think about it ill jus buy it. its worth it in the long run to have a good program cus im sure this isnt the only box ill be designing...

but on to what was being talked about...

did u ever find that pic

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.