What Next? PT.2

That gain tho...might be too high.....depends upon your HU voltage.

I'm in agreement with my homie, popwar (see what I did there)....that another battery or 2 might be needed. Brand X alt isn't always a good thing either.

That gain tho...might be too high.....depends upon your HU voltage.
I'm in agreement with my homie, popwar (see what I did there)....that another battery or 2 might be needed. Brand X alt isn't always a good thing either.
Yeah I agree I should have saved up the funds for a quality brand name. Although with the stock alt I had amps cut out with 1200w rms... HU voltage is 9V I believe if I'm thinking of the right thing.

A 9v HU??!! Man I haven't heard that one. Most I've heard is 8 and that was long time ago. What's the model number on the JVC?

A 9v HU??!! Man I haven't heard that one. Most I've heard is 8 and that was long time ago. What's the model number on the JVC?
9V?... you got some kinda line driver/preamp in there?.. I see.. LOL!.. I'm slow on the keyboard as usual...

What are your thoughts on the FSD amps? Any suggestions as far as the rms capabilities of the FU audios? I was thinking a second battery up front and one or two bigger ones in the back.
I got them at dealer cost. Would I buy them again? No. I would have stuck with my Brazilian amps.

Their (fsd and audio legion) customer service is terrible as well. I was impressed with the 3800s and 5000s but the 2600s and lower amps were not very impressive to me.

The fu audio subs can take some power but they are a 2.6" coil sub so nothing insane. If I had 4 I would pick up a 5k and call it good.

Derian06...IF it was me, I'd get a few AGM batteries, reset your gains to match HU.....I got 40, to match HU voltage to gains on your amps. Put on DMM and go to work. I didn't see if your did big 3 yet but if not, do that too. If it's done then cool. After said above, your voltage should be better, and amps not shutting off/down on ya.

So, I should get a couple of batteries and a new amp and call it a day? With my current setup I dont have much space for batteries, how would a cap bank compare? Do yall think that will give me the sound i'm looking for?

Could the FSD's handle .5ohm?

What do yall think about that wall Idea I had with 6-8 Fu Audio 12's? Maybe in a 4th/6th order on 5-6k... How would that compare?

Last edited by a moderator:
Are these FU750s or what. On 8 of them I would put 10k to them at least. You might need another or a larger alt as well
Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
they're the 750's been thinking about throwing in a taramps 8-10k.

maybe I can get a dual alt brackett and throw in my stock alt along with the HO and see if that plus batteries will be enough.

Made a little drawing on snapchat of what my idea for the wall is, but I'm not knowledgeable on walls or box building at all. I would take out the side panels for more space. Green being the subs, white being the see through acrylic, blue being port and bracing and red being the outside wall.
842008ceb4c8d3782448adeb903c543a.jpg

The FSD 3800s and 5ks can do .5 no problem. Im not 100% sure on the 2600s and lower. I ran 2 3800s at .5 ohm each for a while on my 8 12s.

If you plan on doing 6 or 8 I would recommend 7k-10k of power. I had 7k on my 8 doing a 157 in a ported wall.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.