What is this exactly??

Participant count
  • Participant list

Sync45

WTF are you looking at?
Hey guys so this is my first post, so if this isn't in the right spot I apologize. Anyways I bought 2 Kicker 12 inch CVR's, and they came in a bandpass box. Well, I was looking at how they were wired, and whoever wired them did a sh*t job and just used old wire they had lying around.

Anyways, I decided to redo it, and pulled the subs out. After I pulled them out I noticed this piece glued in the bottom of one of the chambers. I have never seen one of these before, and wasn't sure if it had to be there, or if I could take it out.

Also, I noticed that whoever wired these subs last, drilled a small hole between the 2 chambers to wire up the subs. So I'm not quite sure what this little spindle would be for. If someone could tell me I'd appreciate it! View attachment 26556799View attachment 26556800View attachment 26556799View attachment 26556800

That's a coil. To drown out all the unnecessary freq to the subs. I bought my 1st 8 and was told I need a coil to go with it. x-overs at the time weren't around yet.

Thanks for the reply. So I've hooked up a few systems, but can't say that I've ever had to use one of these. Is it mandatory that it gets used? I have dvc 2 ohm subs and a 1000 watt jl audio at 2 ohm so I was going to wire the speakers accordingly, but how would i incorporate the coil into the mix?

That coil isn't needed, thanks to new technology. Hook up subs to amp like normal.

Almost looks like one of them insect/pest traps for use in home lol

Lol ya I was a little confused because I've never seen one. But I've really never used bandpass boxes too much either, so I didn't know if it was something specific to these that I needed to use. But thanks for the help. I'm going to just hook em up like normal then!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.