What is the most SQ 3way, and why?

whats the budget, what is the rest of your equipment, where are you placing the drivers, what is the car? All questions that should be answered first. People can through out multiple sets and they can sound great or like crap depending on the rest of the set up.

Not yet. They are planning on making everything they carry in ala carte fashion. They also have a very informative Facebook page. Message them to find out.

Most manufacturers will provide an SPL/freq response graphing the respective frequency crossover point to match.

ce.png
we2.png
ew3.png

Last edited:
The best sounding speakers are the ones that you do the best job installing. If your after SQ, you need to prioritize door treatments with CLD tiles, closed cell foam and mass loaded vinyl in your doors before you even worry about speakers.

The best sounding speakers are the ones that you do the best job installing. If your after SQ, you need to prioritize door treatments with CLD tiles, closed cell foam and mass loaded vinyl in your doors before you even worry about speakers.
How true this paragraph is.
I might go even further and say very cheaply built speakers can be made to sound descent if installed properly. Whereas very high end drivers installed poorly will sound absolutely horrible.

How true this paragraph is.
I might go even further and say very cheaply built speakers can be made to sound descent if installed properly. Whereas very high end drivers installed poorly will sound absolutely horrible.

Agreed. I'm just getting back into audio aftwr a good 10 year hiatus and I have a very entry level set of components on an entry level Amp but I paid more attention to proper mounting and sound deadening this time and it sound pretty damn decent. Better than anything I had back then. I remember I ended up getting this crazy expensive pair of kicker components that retailed for about 900.00 but somehow I got them off woofers etc for like 200. I don't know if it was a glitch or what. Anyway, I traded them to a guy for a set of some cheap ass speakers because they sounded good in his car, and my 900.00 kickers sounded like ****. Difference being, he installed his properly whereas I did not.

The kicker set was blue in color with a carbon fiber type cone and big circular crossovers. Can't remember the name. Maybe ccx? Idk

Edit: here they are. The ss series.

Last edited:
Agreed. I'm just getting back into audio aftwr a good 10 year hiatus and I have a very entry level set of components on an entry level Amp but I paid more attention to proper mounting and sound deadening this time and it sound pretty damn decent. Better than anything I had back then. I remember I ended up getting this crazy expensive pair of kicker components that retailed for about 900.00 but somehow I got them off woofers etc for like 200. I don't know if it was a glitch or what. Anyway, I traded them to a guy for a set of some cheap ass speakers because they sounded good in his car, and my 900.00 kickers sounded like ****. Difference being, he installed his properly whereas I did not.

The kicker set was blue in color with a carbon fiber type cone and big circular crossovers. Can't remember the name. Maybe ccx? Idk

Edit: here they are. The ss series.

Yep, I believe it. If ive learned anything, its that proper installation n tuning make all the world of difference.👍

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

Punk Rocker

CarAudio.com Newbie
Punk Rocker
U.S.A.
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from