What if...

l0ckjaw
10+ year member

NY
I was thinking, and it may seem completely absurd, but what if I were to use some high-performance, home theatre subs rather than conventional car subs. Provided they fit and all, I mean, why not?

shouldnt be a problem. i dont think subs are really designed to play different in car or home applications. the only thing issue you might have would be the wear and tear on the woofer. im not sure, but i think that being in a car is going to be a different environment than sitting in a house... but it should work fine.

not absurd. take adire for example... the use of their HT subs was the reason they began a car audio line... i htink... anyhow, tons of people use them in car bc of the great SQ capabilities

HT subs are optimized to hit the lower notes (for explosions etc..) That will most likely be the difference between HT and car are the frequency responses. Car subs = mostly music only applications.

I tend to disagree with that HT subs are often tuned higher than I would ever tune dailys incar.

The main concern is impedence. Its much harder to get an 8ohm svc moving with a given car amplifier in comparision to a dual 2.

I was thinking, and it may seem completely absurd, but what if I were to use some high-performance, home theatre subs rather than conventional car subs. Provided they fit and all, I mean, why not?
Not absurd at all...

Most of the stuff is the same my friend.

Not absurd at all...Most of the stuff is the same my friend.
Cool.

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/clap.gif.178cba2c538c68e720c727fcb024b19c.gif

A response to a thread whose last real reply was in Oct. of '03.

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/sneaky.gif.7189749b3a3f769e8815b47e8ae87f88.gif

lol i think they should delete threads after 18 months of no activity... wheres goob?
not necessarily...some of the older posts still have some good info in them that isn't asked anymore. especially reviews or opinions/comparison threads.

not all old threads are pointless..//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/fyi.gif.9f1f679348da7204ce960cfc74bca8e0.gif i just think they should LOCK THEM AFTER SO MANY MONTHS OF INACTIVITY.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

l0ckjaw

10+ year member
l0ckjaw
NY
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from