What do you think?

s8board, the amps and the subs will just do fine and its not too powerful for the subs.

and to those who plan to buy on ebay, be careful coz there are some complains that some sellers are "d!**heads" and of course u dont wanna waste money buying their sh!t

seriously guys I am out 170 bucks from ebay but i called my bank yesterday that my credit card goes through and they said they will get me my money they said they have been known to get what they want which means they will bend this guy over to get me my **** money!

hahaha.... i bought all my stuff on ebay too! from the same guy! ike electronics.... yeah i highly recomend him too.. everything is dutch auctions so u dont have to worry about wining the auction. The stuff is all brand new cept when stated, b/c sometimes he has refurbished stuff, but not much. He's got mad good prices too... lol im glad someone else uses this guy, i fell more confident useing him now..

LuRp

If u know how to use ebay you shouldnt have a problem.. all you gotta do is look at the feedback.. this guy we bought from has thousands (no joke) of feedback.. and about 7 of the thousands are bad feedback the rest are good... so that says something.... also i know this isnt good science but i have bought about 60 things from ebay... computers, car audio equipment, watches, home theatre systems... some pretty $$ stuff and i have been satisfied with everything!! I figure ive saved about $2000+ buying on ebay. Just gotta be smart and ruthless.. thats it... For all you ebay newbs, just becarfull that on an item that is "cheap" your not paying overpriced shipping... b/c alot of those scum bags on ebay like to sell you an item "cheap" then charge u up the ass with fixed shipping rates and it totally nullifies the saveings... anyhow my .02 cents..

LuRp

I have a very similar setup to you, and IMO, my system sounds quite good. Hopefully a lot better when I get my Dynamat in. The only difference are the speaker sizes. You should be very pleased with it, and use the 4awg kit.

I know a lot of you have seen my setup so far, but I'll show you again because I need to ask another question...

Amp

$260 - JBL BP1200.1 CLASS D POWER AMP

Cables

$40 - AUDIOBAHN 4 Gauge Car Audio Sub Amp Kit

Capacitor

$65 - Rockford Fosgate CP7400

Subs

$275 - Pair of Infinity Kappa Perfect 12.1 DVC's

Sub Box

$40 - 12" 1.25cf Dual 3/4" MDF Hatch-Style Box

Front Speakers

$78 - Pair of Infinity Kappa 52.3i 5-1/4" 2 way 225 watt

Rear Speakers

$110 - Pair of Infinity Kappa 63.3i 6-1/2" 3 way 225 watt

HU's

$260 - Pioneer Premier DEH-P740MP

Should I get another amplifier for my front/rear speakers? If so, what would you recommend?

well i dont know of an amp off the top of my head, but it shoudlnt be a problem to find one. I thinik if you find an amp thats 4ch 100w RMS per channle (or two 2 channel 100w RMS /channel) it would be perfect for your speakers.

LuRp

Good call. I looked around eBay, and found a few. I was thinking about the Infinity one, but you guys tell me.

$60 - PYRAMID SUPER BLUE 400 WATT 2-CHANNEL MOSFET AMPLIFIER

http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1334592293

$120 - LEGACY RED SERIES 2 1800 WATT 2-CHANNEL HIGH POWER FULL MOSFET

http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1335009213

$165 - INFINITY Kappa 202a AMP

http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1335183548

$170 - BOSS RIP-695 2-CHANNEL MOSFET BRIDGEABLE POWER AMPLIFIER WITH REMOTE SUBWOOFER LEVEL CONTROL, 1400W (MAX)

http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1335464693

I was basically just looking at power for the price... so help me out with your suggestions.

First of all, your going to need to get a 4 channel amp for your highs and mids. Those amps that you were looking at are pos's, except for the infinity. I recently got an amp for my highs and mids, i bought a jbl p-80.4, it puts out 40x4 @ 4 ohm, and 80X4 @ 2ohm rms. I got it off ebay for 160. It is a very good amp and i highly recommend it.

HU-Clarion dxz615

Front speakers-blaupunkt odx6.5

Rear speakers-blaupunkt odx6x9

Amp (highs mids)-jbl p-80.4

Amp (sub)-rockford 800.2

Subs (pair)-rockford HE2s

Box-sealed 1.25 cu

I'm leaning towards Mach1, since they have experience with everything I need, including Dynamat installation. I sent a letter to 6 or 7 different car audio installers (no chains stores) and asked for an estimated cost of installation, and listed everything I needed done. We'll see in a week or so...

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

SqUaReD 80

10+ year member
SqUaReD 80
Burnsville, MN
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from