What Boston Acoustic speaker replaced the Rally's?

Participant count
  • Participant list

King Alpha
10+ year member

Hawaii
I had Boston Acoustic RC620 Rally componants in my car for close to ten years now and was happy with them. recently I found the passenger side midbass woofer didn't work. I couldn't tell at all until I played with the fade on the head unit, so I have no clue when it blew.

I posted before asking if I can just replace the woofer and keep the rest of the system, and you guys said it wouldn't work to well, or ask Boston for a replacement. Boston never got back to me. So I yanked the 5x7s coaxils (Boston RX7) from the back deck (which was being powered by the head unit) and replaced the Componants.

It's sounds okay, but I wanted to actually use 6 1/2" componants up front and I like what Boston has. I was wondering which of the current Bostons replaced the Rallys, the SL or SX? And which do you recomend? Or if it's better to go with the Pros?

Boston is slow to respond.. I asked about tweeters for my Boston 841s (800 series were before the Rally Series) took them awhile.. you could call them

Prior to that I was able to get a pair of 5.25" for my Boston 851s. Direct through Boston I forget the cost.. I still never ordered my replacement tweeters.

I would guess that the SL series will be close to the Rally series you ave now. They sounded the same as my 800 series or close when I heard them at a shop

The Rallys been good, but it's been ten years, so it's time to retire them (yeah, I need to find any little thing to justify an upgrade).

The Pro60s on ebay will cost me about $313 shipped (I live in Hawaii, so they add to the shipping cost everytime). Is this a good price?

Thanks for the input.

BTW, I have a crossfire CFA302 amp (2x75watts at 12.something volts) and right now they're powering the Boston 5x7s. Those speakers cannot compete with the 12" SI Mag. The Mag get's too loud before the 5x7s do. Anyway, since the Pros are 3 ohm speakers, then the Crossfire should give it about 100 watts. Is this good for the Pro60?

You can give the Pros over 200 per side. I was giving my Rallys about 150 and they loved it //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.