What are good 6.5" midranges/componets??????

• Thread starter <El Loco -VG->
  • Start date
  • Replies 9
  • Views 2K
&

<El Loco -VG->

I have a 92 Celica and I have a sony cd player that spits 53 watts x 4 A 12" bazooka tube and some tweeters. My current speakers are kenwood they are not made to handle any power. I'm good on bass and on tweeters/high notes I need voice speakers whats a good voice speaker that can handle the 250watts that my amp spits.

Thanks, VG

Kicker also sells component drivers seperate. You had mentioned that your Kenwoods couldn't handle the power that your Sony head unit was putting out. I just wanted to make sure that you weren't pushing the CD amp which would distort any speaker no matter how good of quality. The Sony may say 53 watts but I bet the clean power is only about 22 watts or so. A seperate amp may be necessary if you want more clean power. Just a suggestion.

Sounds like you have two options to me... you can do what those other people that posted replies said or you can do the right thing... get some

-Infinity Perfect Kappas-

or

-Polk MoMo Componets-

in you really have the money I would heighy recomend

Alpines X series - SPX-177A-

these speakers are rare but are the flagship of component systems.

Please take my advice I have heard all the speakers I have recomended in professional installs.

boston acoustics baby bostons baby there you can pump virtually huge amounts of power into them with out them distorting theyre great

audiobahn or MB Quartz or polk MOMO's

just do like i did in my old car i bought 4 sets of pioneer 6 1/2's componets and put 2 sets in each door ( four door car )

if you are looking to change your mids then you should change your tweets too and if you want really good mids and highs the only two I would get if I had 1200 dollars would be focal or A/D/S the focals are about 1000 to 1500 a pair retail and the ads are 1200 to 2500 a pair. the ads are a little power hungry but oh my god theyr'e lound

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from
freddrick
all out.jpg

Popwarhomie

Jun 2, 2024