well it finally happened, the 9851 is broken, kinda

Participant count
  • Participant list

ThatDude
10+ year member

Bruce LeeRoy
Florida
Well, I hoped it wouldn't happen to me, but it did. The swing face on my 9851 is messed up, and is constantly getting stuck. I found that if i pull on it while pressing open, it can open if it's stuck. It's to the point where to about 50% chance it will open on its own. I bought it at bestbuy, but i didn't get the warranty. I refuse to have a $280 hu mess up so early like this (even though I didn't pay $280). So this means I'm gonna have to do the whole shipping thing through alpine, and wont have any music for like 2 weeks? I had it for like 2 months now, bestbuy probably won't replace it right?

uh hoh, you should of listened to the salesman rant on and on about that special warranty. That ***** man, and bestbuy probably wont give you any help besides giving you the: //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/nono.gif.eca61d170185779e0921b0faa9704973.gif

I'm pretty sure that BB only gives you a 30 day return policy.

But seeing as they are an authorized Alpine dealer, you do have the warranty through them and they may tell you that there is an authorized repair shop in your area that you could take it to, other wise you'll have to send it out.

PS: Buy a boom box //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

Best buy should swap you for a new one, or at least take care of it through alpine for you. If they don't then that would be a good reason to go to a local retailer rather then a big box (where I work we swap the person for a new unit if we have one in stock, and then return the defective to the manufacturer for credit). Good luck!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.