VW GTI owners picture post

Gotta have the power!!! i do all the work myself and this is my toy plus all the deployments help in the funds dept.

On that note working on a bigger turbo kit as we speak but that means gotta build the motor now...it will get done eventually...

7" kenwood touchscreen indash, Kicker components in the doors pushed by a kicker kx 350.2 CVR 12 in a ported box in the back with a reworked zr360 and a custom installed xm commander molded into the sunroof motor access cover here are some pics:

054.jpg

051.jpg

060-1.jpg

sweet satalite radio thing, id like to see it match the headliner - but i like //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

im in the navy and ill be going on cruise feb of 09, and then after 5 months we get 4 months off, and then go out for another 5 month deployment. so ill have a solid 15 months or so of saving money. after car payments, bills and taxes, thats like 20 grand. i figure i wont spend much in port or in between cruise.

pay the car off the first time around, then save until im back.

sweet vdub tho!

Thanks man! Your install/dub is sweet also.... Hopefully my headliner and pillars will be getting covered in black suede soon to make the interior all black instead of the 2 tone.....

cool beans. my headliner is starting to sag right above the sun visors in the center corners where that sunroof motor part bumps up on either side //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif

thats my next interior modification. but i dont want to mess with the A pillar air bags. bah!

i may do a GTI as my next one too..but really know nothing about them.

from a few mins research, a 1.8t with the K04 kit and full exhaust should boost you to around the ~230whp and ~250tq range, correct? fine with me //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

just remember, the 1.8T has issues with the waterpump\timing belt. if you get one with 50~100k miles on it, REMEMBER to ask if it has had the timing belt replaced and a new water pump replaced with a metal impeller on it. stock 1.8t's have a plastic impeller on the water pump it looks like this ;

445950184_559b8222bf_o.jpg

it should look like this;

waterpump3.jpg

as you can see the plastic end in the first picture broke down and got all messed up. the problem with this whole job is the waterpump is ran off the timing belt. and i do not trust myself taking my engine virtually out so that i can save a few dollars. i ended up going to a dealership for a warranty (local shop offered $200 less, but i know if it messes up i can go to the dealership and get it fixed for free). i ended up paying $1000 for parts and labor, its about a 4~6 hour job.

just thought i would let you know. keep an eye out for that. always ask the seller that question and if they say no, then knock the cost of it off. because it is a 'factory falt' and it needs to be addressed.

but otherwise, they have their little quirks, but they are HELLA fun to play around with and there are tons of parts for them //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

So true on the water pumps i just turned 60k on mine and im planning on doing the timing belt/water pump here this summer if i dont pull it and build it first for the Big Turbo...who knows either way im not looking foward to doing it at all.

in response to Zxcvtypo it all depends on which tune you have and supporting mods but that was good ball park numbers for the Ko4 and turbo back exhaust

Im pretty much maxed out with my setup minus the bigger intake manifold but wont gain much with this setup thats more a Big Turbo mod. i want to get dynoed this summer with this setup but im still tweaking it yet....im shooting for 265-285 whp and over 350 ftlbs at the wheels

theres a guy over on vortex that got 258whp and 322wtq out of the stock Ko3s turbo now i wouldnt drive it daily like that with the cranked wastegate but needless to say there is alot of hidden power to be had if setup right

Link to that thread: http://forums.vwvortex.com/zerothread?id=2901711

So true on the water pumps i just turned 60k on mine and im planning on doing the timing belt/water pump here this summer if i dont pull it and build it first for the Big Turbo...who knows either way im not looking foward to doing it at all.

in response to Zxcvtypo it all depends on which tune you have and supporting mods but that was good ball park numbers for the Ko4 and turbo back exhaust

Im pretty much maxed out with my setup minus the bigger intake manifold but wont gain much with this setup thats more a Big Turbo mod. i want to get dynoed this summer with this setup but im still tweaking it yet....im shooting for 265-285 whp and over 350 ftlbs at the wheels

theres a guy over on vortex that got 258whp and 322wtq out of the stock Ko3s turbo now i wouldnt drive it daily like that with the cranked wastegate but needless to say there is alot of hidden power to be had if setup right

Link to that thread: http://forums.vwvortex.com/zerothread?id=2901711
definitely a nice read, and thanks for the heads up req. i still have a while to decide on a car..but these are lookin pretty sweet. used to hate them, now they're growing on me.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.