voltmeter with an osiliscope

Participant count
  • Participant list
I don't think they exist as a combo, but correct me if I'm wrong.

Voltmeter's arn't very expensive, you can get them at Home Depot or Circuit City, they are around $15 for the cheap ones.

Every auto technician or stereo freak should have a good DVM. Radio Shack , Sears, Home Depot... take your pick. Under $25.

An oscilloscope can be had from eBay but if you don't have a clue then you're better off finding a bud who has one and knows how to use it. Too complicated to explain here.

so if i want the proper gain adjustment...i should just take a voltmeter connect it to the speaker wires and match it up with the volt from the sub rca output of the hu?

so if my rca voltage is 2.5v and i set the volume at 3/4 to adjust it...i should juss adjust it to 3/4 of 2.5v???

u don't need the osciliscope if u are not gonna set up a huge system or a comp system. the simple 3/4's volume on cd player with gain turned all the way down then turn up the gain until it starts to distort then back it off about 1/8 of a turn.

i dont know how the sound of subs distorting sounds like :p

my headunit sets the lpf crossover at 80hz so how does distortion on a sub sound from below there?

i've turned ma amp up quite high on the gain....and couldnt notice any particular sound...it juss stopped getting louder at a point but beyond that...it didnt make any weirder noises

well ill do as you say besides the turning back 1/8 turn since i dont turn up beyond 3/4 the volume control..

one step beyond 3/4 and things start to rattle and i dont have money for dynamat yet :p

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

krnnamja83

10+ year member
krnnamja83
va
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from