Volkswagen Golf IV (MK4) head unit.

Participant count
  • Participant list

iand95

Hi all. New to the forum here so bare with me. I have a Mk4 golf with standard speakers and everything but I have upgraded the head unit to a touchscreen double din. The radio works fine all functions work. But... the radio has a built in reversing function for a camera so it switches to this automatically whend the car is reversing. Now when that car is not moving it is fine however if I drive the car the head unit will jump from playing music to this reversing function until I stop again. It does this every time. I have used the stock wiring that was in the car when I got it. Is there anyway I can stop this from happening? Is there a wire in the harness that needs taken out to stop it or is it a mechanical problem? Sorry for the long post but help would be greatly appreciated.

So whats the make and model of the radio itself? As far as I know, those cars never had a backup camera, my Jetta does not at least.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.