Virus blocker says subwoofer page is now an 'attack site'.

audioholic
5,000+ posts

not a moderator
Several people complaining they are getting viruses from this site lately. Now my puter keeps warning me over and over that the subwoofer page is an attack site and tries to get me to stay off of it.

Goob, wanna explain what's going on here? Ive been here 10 years or more, but I'll drop this site like a hot potato if it starts crashing my system due to lack of giving a **** by the owner/staff. So, show us you give a **** and tell us what's going on. Thanks.

**** ***** all over. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/fyi.gif.9f1f679348da7204ce960cfc74bca8e0.gif
How dark the background is, or how well the smilies show up is a minor problem. But this is pretty serious. If Goob allows a virus problem to manifest itself here, he'll find himself without much of a community before long.

(yes I know, the internet is serious business)

How dark the background is, or how well the smilies show up is a minor problem. But this is pretty serious. If Goob allows a virus problem to manifest itself here, he'll find himself without much of a community before long.
(yes I know, the internet is serious business)
No, I was agreeing with you. **** ***** all over. There are four or five hundred spambots on the forum at any given moment and now people's computers are being fuct up.

Fix the ****, or pay someone who can...

No, I was agreeing with you.
I know you were, I didnt mean to suggest otherwise.
I looked into it a bit more and I see now what's going on. Firefox is blocking the subwoofer page due to it being reported as an attack site (apparently by another member). And when I try to access it with IE, it says a java virus is present and stops me too. This is, Im assuming, the same java virus people have been complaining about for days. Im not surprised it isn't fixed yet, these things take time. But I am quite surprised Goob, or at least one of his minions, isn't posting info to let us know what's going on, and that they are on top of fixing the problem. For all we know at this point, they aren't doing anything about it.

I'm getting this at caco

Safe Browsing

Diagnostic page for caraudioclassifieds.org

What is the current listing status for caraudioclassifieds.org?

Site is listed as suspicious - visiting this web site may harm your computer.

Part of this site was listed for suspicious activity 2 time(s) over the past 90 days.

What happened when Google visited this site?

Of the 104 pages we tested on the site over the past 90 days, 5 page(s) resulted in malicious software being downloaded and installed without user consent. The last time Google visited this site was on 2010-07-25, and the last time suspicious content was found on this site was on 2010-07-24.

Malicious software includes 8 exploit(s). Successful infection resulted in an average of 2 new process(es) on the target machine.

Malicious software is hosted on 1 domain(s), including w91t.com/.

This site was hosted on 1 network(s) including AS32244 (LIQUID).

Has this site acted as an intermediary resulting in further distribution of malware?

Over the past 90 days, caraudioclassifieds.org did not appear to function as an intermediary for the infection of any sites.

Has this site hosted malware?

No, this site has not hosted malicious software over the past 90 days.

How did this happen?

In some cases, third parties can add malicious code to legitimate sites, which would cause us to show the warning message.

Next steps:

* Return to the previous page.

* If you are the owner of this web site, you can request a review of your site using Google Webmaster Tools. More information about the review process is available in Google's Webmaster Help Center.

Updated 2 hours ago

I actually went so far as to enter caco this morning and even after trying to log in, it wouldn't let me in. I guess I better start scanning for virus or sypware, lol.

I actually went so far as to enter caco this morning and even after trying to log in, it wouldn't let me in. I guess I better start scanning for virus or sypware, lol.
and adware, then go ahead and do maleware as well. There's no telling what this **** is putting on our PCs.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.