Vifa D19 vs D27 Tweeters

Participant count
  • Participant list

gstokes

FÜKENGRUVEN
Dead settled on Vifa for the tweeters but having trouble deciding between the D19 and D27, the D27 is a 6 ohm driver but has incredibly wide frequency response all the way down to 700Hz while the D19 is a 5 ohm driver that covers 3500hz and up.

The system is 5-channel with channel 1 & 2 driving the tweeters through high pass and channels 3 & 4 driving component woofers through band pass then channel 5 driving the sub.

I am trying to split the usable frequency band 3 ways with the sub covering 24 - 150Hz, the midbass covering 150 - 1000Hz and the tweeter covering 700 - 20k, that would be with the 6 ohm D27.

The other alternative would be using the 5 ohm D19 covering 3500 - 20k but then i would need a midbass that covered 150Hz all the way to 3500Hz plus.

If i throw enough power (60Wrms) at the 6 ohm tweeters they should sound pretty lively, yes ?

The subs will be running in 2 ohm, the channel 3,4 midbass in 4 ohm and the channel 1,2 tweeters in 6 ohm.

Feedback and suggestions welcome..

Nevermind, got it figured out..

Decided on Vifa D19 + CDT-CL6 Midbass, the CL6 will play from 55Hz all the way to 5500Hz and the Vifa D19 will play from 3500HZ to 20000Hz.

The D19's are $40/pr and the CL6's are $80/pr, there's no way i can go wrong with that combination of drivers for $120, it's going to sound LOUD & CLEAR.

Now i just need a sub that plays below 24Hz, i probably couldn't hear it anyways..

i have the CL6 and they are great speakers and 80.00 for a pr. is a good price. i am going to add some vifa tweets also.

Why are you overlapping xover points? I would be throwing 60watts at any tweeter, very few need or will take that amount of power...
Dnt overlap points.. You will find out why soon enough.. As far as tweets I have 4 seas with over 400 watts going to them.. 200 per pair crossed at 3300hz. Loud and clear...

Dnt overlap points.. You will find out why soon enough.. As far as tweets I have 4 seas with over 400 watts going to them.. 200 per pair crossed at 3300hz. Loud and clear...
Oh really, got a clamped vid of this power???? Again NO tweeter needs that kind of power. What are they 20db sensitivity LOL

Oh really, got a clamped vid of this power???? Again NO tweeter needs that kind of power. What are they 20db sensitivity LOL
I have each set wired to 2 ohm per channel on my a7 and well I have never clamped my 4 channel but based on manf specs that's 250watts per channel at2ohm.. So I see 200watts per channel no problem... They may not need that kinda power but there rated at 90rms each so I feed them that.. 90db sens... Sounds loud and clear so I think I did it right for my taste..

The Madisound Speaker Store

I have each set wired to 2 ohm per channel on my a7 and well I have never clamped my 4 channel but based on manf specs that's 250watts per channel at2ohm.. So I see 200watts per channel no problem... They may not need that kinda power but there rated at 90rms each so I feed them that.. 90db sens... Sounds loud and clear so I think I did it right for my taste..
The Madisound Speaker Store
The power output your amplifier is capable of producing is probably never actually happening on your tweeter channels. For one, your music has less spectral energy in the treble region, so your music will not drive your tweeter channels nearly as strongly as your mid and subwoofer channels. Second, we dial back the levels on tweeters in an active system in relation to all other drivers, so that is another limitation on how much pre-out voltage the amplifier sees.

This is assuming the tweeter's voice coils aren't slowly getting baked, but only time will tell if all else is right in your system.

The power output your amplifier is capable of producing is probably never actually happening on your tweeter channels. For one, your music has less spectral energy in the treble region, so your music will not drive your tweeter channels nearly as strongly as your mid and subwoofer channels.
Trumpet, you explain things in a way that i really enjoy and understand. So, compared to a driver such as a woofer there is very little spectral power in the signal, the high frequency driver won't absorb as much energy as the low frequency drivers because of that. The sub has heavy parts that move large distances back n forth so it will absorb the majority of power, the tweeter is just the opposite so it absorbs the least amount of power, quite interesting and makes perfect sense.

Example: an active system with 4 channels at 75 watts per channel and you had tweeters on first two channels and woofers on second pair of channels, with the volume at any given point the 2nd pair of channels driving the woofers might receive 60W of power while the first 2 channels with the tweeters might only receive 45W during the same musical peak, correct ?

Word of the day: Spectral Power

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

gstokes

FÜKENGRUVEN
gstokes
Beaverton, Oregon
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from