Vent problems/changes??

Participant count
  • Participant list

efm80
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
well my setup is in my sig. I finally decided to vent the rear deck. Couple things I noticed: It seems as if the higher frequency bass tones do not hit as hard, but the lower notes seem to rumble more?? Is it just in my head or is their any truth to why this is happening?? It seemed to change the frequency peaks/dips in my car. Also, I noticed before when I would roll down the windows in the front seats I would get more bass, but now rolling down the windows seems to do nothing?? I also now get a wicked rear roof rattle(right where the roof and the rear winshield join) If I push up on it its gone. Any reason for the new rattle?? And any suggestions to "de-rattle" the new area now??

all in all I would say there was some pros of venting the rear deck, but also some unperceived cons...so not worth it I would say.

eddie

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.