VD-8 vs SVR-10

Participant count
  • Participant list

DARBADARBZ

CarAudio.com Newbie
Idaho
I have a Skar VD-8 in a sealed .35 cu in. box. Almost good enough for me, but not quite. How would a Skar SVR-10 sound in a sealed .75 cu in. box in comparison? Notably better? The same? way better? If an improvement, what amp should I go with it?

Edit: Or what is (realistically) the loudest and best 10-inch sub I can put in a sealed 0.75 cu ft box?

Last edited:
I have a Skar VD-8 in a sealed .35 cu in. box. Almost good enough for me, but not quite. How would a Skar SVR-10 sound in a sealed .75 cu in. box in comparison? Notably better? The same? way better? If an improvement, what amp should I go with it?

Edit: Or what is (realistically) the loudest and best 10-inch sub I can put in a sealed 0.75 cu ft box?
Instead of getting another sub and box, you could try to go ported on that VD-8. It will give better output on the same power.

I see. I assume the SVR-10 ported is readily available versus fabricating a box for the VD-8. I do not think you will need a bigger amp if you opt for the SVR-10.
SVR-10 is sealed too. I'm hesitantly open to building a box, but it would be my first one I'd need help. Or if someone could make me me one for under $300

Which pickup?
2006 Tacoma Access Cab

So, I'm using this right now with the VD-8. It just doesn't hit as hard as I want it too.

This is what I was thinking of putting the SVR-10 in.

But a custom box could be much bigger, maybe big enough for ported? But I would need help, or I'd rather pay someone lol. Like this? Horrible drawing and not my picture but compare to the two other boxes. Is that big enough to port an SVR-10? Because I would like to be able to wiggle it out if I need to, the jack is under the seats. As well as be able to recline the seats all the way back too.
rG4zonYo-iELzRO-ylk-(edit).jpg

Last edited:
How much room you got between the front seats? Maybe a Center console box could work for you.
Also where you located? Someone on here that builds boxes may be close by.

How much room you got between the front seats? Maybe a Center console box could work for you.
Also where you located? Someone on here that builds boxes may be close by.
Width is just about 12 inches. Stealth box exists but it's about 1,000 dollars from what I saw. I'm in Boise, ID.

2006 Tacoma Access Cab

So, I'm using this right now with the VD-8. It just doesn't hit as hard as I want it too.

This is what I was thinking of putting the SVR-10 in.
I have seen that type of box in ported style. I do not know how snug they fit, so if removal is a constant factor, you may want to test fit one before purchase. Have you heard of SAS Bazooka Bass Tube? I suggest listening to one to see if it is enough for your taste.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...

About this thread

DARBADARBZ

CarAudio.com Newbie
DARBADARBZ
Idaho
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views