Valor/Farenheit Indashes?

hazardous0388
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Veteran
recently in alot of the performance auto and sound magazines, i have noticed on alot of the tuner cars they are using the farenheit and valor touch screen indashes.

my question is are these things actually decent for the money? or are they mainly using them for the screen just to use the extra computers they add to the car to see the engine diagnostics? i guess it would be fairly cheap if this is mainly what it is used for...and cost effective.

anyone with experience with them?

i ask this because i am done with all pioneer units, and dont really care to pay extreme amounts of money for a unit with alot of added features. i now have an alpine 9886 and extra clarion half din 7 band eq under the radio for extra control because the unit has a pretty crappy eq without the IMPRINT proessor.

not looking for bluetooth or gps...i just got rid of my Avic700bt because i never even hooked up the gps antenna or bluetooth mic.

any inputs appreciated.

I had a valor flipout and it was ok in the beginning. Then it started taking 30 second to load cds and sometimes it wouldn't even load the cd. As far as the screen it was good quality visually but wouldn't flip up when u crank the car u had to push the button everytime. I wnt buy another valor

Ive never owned one , nor do we sale them , but alot of customers have had problems with them......I would stay away from them

I've owned a Valor and I counldn't deal with the sound quality. Save your pennies for something better. If you want a real system you should only be checking out Alpine, Eclipse, Kenwood Excelon, and Pioneer!

I've owned a Valor and I counldn't deal with the sound quality. Save your pennies for something better. If you want a real system you should only be checking out Alpine, Eclipse, Kenwood Excelon, and Pioneer!
There's definitely truth behind this statement. I've owned Alpine, Kenwood Excelon, and Pioneer and I'd buy any of them again. I'd love for my next unit to be an Eclipse 7200MKII.

well ive owned two different pioneer flip outs and the most recent was the avicf700bt. i just dont see why these two brands are gaining alot of popularity withing the cars in the magazines.

they are great for what they cost with an eq you wouldnt have issues on sq anyway but i havent had any sq issues with the new 900 lines at all the 703w was a pos tho, and the screens are A grade i have had 1 warranty return in 2 yrs on them and that was the motor for the screen from excessive heat from a broken heater duct in the dash.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

hazardous0388

10+ year member
CarAudio.com Veteran
hazardous0388
Springfield, MO
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date