two jl 15w3s or 1w7

Well I'd have to say I've never listened to 2 15"JL W3's or the W7 but I can tell you by common knowledge they both hit hard. I'd say that the W7 will most definitely get you more bass but probably not as good in the SQ categorie as well as the W3's but you'll spend less more than likely on the W7.//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

With the W7's SGLC (short gap long coil) design- it would naturally appear to be more SPL warrented. However, in this case, this design increases the speakers BL linearity and reduces distortion- thus making it suitable for SQ purposes.

Personally, I have found that the w7's claims are a bit over-exaggerated. Frequency response is limited by the massive surround that reduces cone area, as well as the general motor structure in general. Slight breakup and distortion is present at lower frequencies and midbass respose also suffers on the other side of things. JL did design a very good subwoofer, however, there are still room for improvements. IMO- the w7's are sonically no different than the w3's and hold little advantage over them.

The price that the W7's boast is by far way too much-any way you look at it.

Go with the W3's, and enjoy! They are some fantastic subwoofers and should give you several hours of listening bliss.

take it easy,

-zane

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

shorty24sev

10+ year member
shorty24sev
hamilton
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from