Tsunami or ED

Heresy
10+ year member

Going Against the Grain
Arizona
I am trying to decide between the 2 Tsunami GXA1000s or 2 RE NINe.1s? I know I have to get my electrical system upgraded and all that jazz so this is just a side by side comparison. I am going to be pushing 1000+ watts at 1 ohm in a ported enclosure.

Overall which is a better buy taking into consideration efficiency, features, raw power, etc.?

Sorry but this baby is being bumped one more time.//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

If you need something NOW go with Tsunami DB-1100d's, if you can wait until they come out go with the ED amps.

Originally posted by ridered36 I would go with the nine just cuz im an RE man:D

RE Man?? Not sure what conclusion your trying to draw, but the nine.1 is in no way related to any of the RE product line. Id suggest the nine.1 over the GXA option, and if you cannont wait, you wont loose much, especially in a daily driver by going with the DB-1100d option.

I'm more looking at the ability to daisy-chain the NINe.1s now. Does anyone know if the pre-order price is gonna be the same after they start shipping or will it be going up?

Originally posted by Heresy I am trying to decide between the 2 Tsunami GXA1000s or 2 RE NINe.1s? I know I have to get my electrical system upgraded and all that jazz so this is just a side by side comparison. I am going to be pushing 1000+ watts at 1 ohm in a ported enclosure.

Overall which is a better buy taking into consideration efficiency, features, raw power, etc.?
No, he said RE. Look in the first sentence.

Perhaps it was a simple mistake, but there is no relationship between the RE and eD amp. As far as daisy chaining them, two strap together for over 2500w with 14.4 volts at 2ohm, and even more if you can boost the voltage up even higher, not sure on what the gains are, nor how much voltage is safe, but it is an unregulated design. As far as price, Id expect the nine.1's to jump after they start shipping, how much I dont know, but the word is they will stay under $300 each.

Originally posted by ridered36 No, he said RE. Look in the first sentence.
You're right, **** two letter company abbreviations! :p I meant ED and was even looking at the website when I was typing that... Must have been tired.

The reason I suggested the Tsunami DB-1100d (~$300) over the GXA is because it is the exact same thing as the NINe.1, just no waiting list. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

The price on the eD amp can't be beat right now for what you are getting, if you can wait order those.

i'll be very honest, between the GXA and the NINe.1 there really is no comparison. the difference in power supplies, build quality, xover quality and so on is no comparison.

if you have the extra cash for the NINe.1, it's a no brainer imo. They truly are in very different classes when held in front of you.

Ben

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

Heresy

10+ year member
Going Against the Grain
Heresy
Arizona
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date