transperant faced clarion HUs?

rockunlimited2
10+ year member

omaha
I cant find any pictures of an old HU I had, it was a clear faced clarion HU (Clear plastic front Tape deck, but a CD was also made). Am I insane or did it really exist? I have been through a few major car wrecks (Car/Bus/Motorcycle) since then but I dont think my mind is making this up. I can't seem to find anything on those HUs. It was back in 1995 and I bought it from a small stereo shop in Clarinda Iowa it may have been a display unit. I loved that unit. removable face tape deck....... rockin

It's been a while, but IIRC they had a limited run of the dark clear faces (dealer display options), but not from '95, but from '93. I've never seen one in person, but have seen a few pics of one.

Last edited by a moderator:
It's been a while, but IIRC they had a limited run of the dark clear faces (dealer display options), but not from '95, but from '96. I've never seen one in person, but have seen a few pics of one.
The one I had was not dark, it was a white clear face, compleatly transparent so you could see the LEDs and wires. Seems it may never be seen again.

Wow, earlier then I though, '93.

Found them. I was looking through my '93 Brochure. There were only 2 models that had that option. The 5780CD (CD player) and the 5740 (cassette). It was clear, but when assembled looks a bit darker. I have a 5780CD, now to find a clear face for it.

Wow, a clear faceplate would be pretty cool. All the google images I could find for the 5780CD and 5740 showed regular black faceplates..... Do you have any good pics of one?

Ahh....Brothers and Epson are both good. HP, Dell and Lexmark (makes Dell printers) are notorious for having driver problems, so it was worth a guess. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif Thanks for offering to scan it for us, if you could. I appreciate it. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.