Tinsel lead slap

Participant count
  • Participant list
EB5E76FF-58AC-4FF7-B787-832312716424.jpeg

This is what it’s in. It is in its own enclosure sealed off from the coaxials. The sub is crossed over at 150hz, and the speakers are high passed at the same 150.

Would a t-line still be a manageable size? It’s a desktop size stereo.

For bass, it might get a little big. If that woofer can free air at full power, you'll get a ton of sound from a t-line. There's no need for a ported loading chamber if your woofer doesn't need mechanical loading help.

What's the frequency bandwidth of the tinsel slap?

For bass, it might get a little big. If that woofer can free air at full power, you'll get a ton of sound from a t-line. There's no need for a ported loading chamber if your woofer doesn't need mechanical loading help.

What's the frequency bandwidth of the tinsel slap?
I have no measurement tools, but I’d say below 50 hz I can get it to slap at high volume. I’m a heavy metal listener and I have to crank it full volume to get slap on metal music. I got a wild hair to listen to some tech n9ne and immediately noticed it on rap lows at medium volume.

I want these speakers now. A 6.5 with a 35 Fs is my kind of 6.5. Man, you could do a t-line @ 33 hz.

See, my thoughts are that with a ported box, your sub is wasting energy pressurizing the chamber. It doesn't need loading. So, with a t-line, all of your power will go into cone movement. You face a major restriction when that loading chamber air tries to get out of that port, and a t-line, there's not loading like there is in a ported, so the woofer would be free to move. It's got a hair over 11mm of xmax, which is pretty good I think for a speaker that small. T-line means all of the woofer movement isn't restricted and the rear wave is unobstructed and unaltered, besides flipping the phase. There's an effinciency factor to your system when the subs doesn't have to force the loading chamber air through a port restriction.

I have no measurement tools, but I’d say below 50 hz I can get it to slap at high volume. I’m a heavy metal listener and I have to crank it full volume to get slap on metal music. I got a wild hair to listen to some tech n9ne and immediately noticed it on rap lows at medium volume.

Shrink the box size and see if getting smaller box would keep mechanical movement down. I would tune lower too, I'd tune at 32-33 hz, I'd tune a couple of Hz under Fs.

I want these speakers now. A 6.5 with a 35 Fs is my kind of 6.5. Man, you could do a t-line @ 33 hz.

See, my thoughts are that with a ported box, your sub is wasting energy pressurizing the chamber. It doesn't need loading. So, with a t-line, all of your power will go into cone movement. You face a major restriction when that loading chamber air tries to get out of that port, and a t-line, there's not loading like there is in a ported, so the woofer would be free to move. It's got a hair over 11mm of xmax, which is pretty good I think for a speaker that small. T-line means all of the woofer movement isn't restricted and the rear wave is unobstructed and unaltered, besides flipping the phase. There's an effinciency factor to your system when the subs doesn't have to force the loading chamber air through a port restriction.
I love these speakers. I’m a little shocked at how low it actually plays. Where the stereo sits has some room side to side, so I could make it bigger. I’ve never done a t-line, so I am intrigued.

50 watts rms

That's not right that you're getting tinsel slap on 50 watts RMS. My red flags are going up.

Do you have another 6.5 that you can use to test everything else, where you remove the speaker from the picture?
Not a 6.5 inch subwoofer. I have a 7 inch woofer. I hooked up the gold wood 7 inch I have in free air to the amp just to play around and it would blow that woofer, even though it’s supposed to be 90 watts rms. The tang band 6,5 inch takes the power far easier.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...

About this thread

SlugButter

CarAudio.com VIP
SlugButter
arizona
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views