thru bolting speaker wires on the box... ?

brian84corvette
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
is there anything special i need to kno about this ?

right now i just have normal home depo hardware thru bolting my speaker wire to the box

is there some sort of special bolt / nut that works better than this or that

at transfering electrical energy from one side to the other ?

im planning on building a box with 4 18s in my suburban and feeding it power

is there a general rule of thumb how much each bolt can take before having to spread the load ?

pic shows 4 guage + and - going right from saz1500 to my thru bolts ( sealed 1.75 cu ) in the box to a tc3k 12"

you think im getting any serious resistance or power loss thru that junction ?

run through the port straight to the sub, just remember to strap them down inside the box so they don't jump/move around with the bass
i have been doing this for years now but always thought it was the "cheap eazy way out" and that people generaly frowned uppon running thru the port

i have been doing this for years now but always thought it was the "cheap eazy way out" and that people generaly frowned uppon running thru the port
It probably works the best but it looks like ***. Because of the looks, many people frown. I've ran speaker wire straight through the box, through a hole, and then sealed it with silicone without issue.

I bought some of these copper terminal lugs at Home Depot for $2 for a 2 pack. Bolt them down and use the screw part to hold the wire down. They also sell aluminum ones, but for a sturdy solution with good conductivity, these can't be beat:

link

COTL1014.ashx

Stainless bolts work fine. I've measured slightly higher resistance across mine but its most likely negligible. Brass conducts better if you really care, and there are copper bolts as well but your not gonna see any noticeable improvements from them to be worth the price

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.