Throw some light my way?

Participant count
  • Participant list

BassDrop

Senior VIP Member
Hello guys. So I just got back from Mexico and Im going to do my big 3 and run a second battery. Im going to be doing 3 runs of 2/0 royal excelene welding cable front to back. I was thinking of doing doue runs of grounds and big 3 is that worth it? Also do I need an inline fuse between alt and batrery power wire? My other question is can I ground both my amps into my battery terminal and then ground my battery with just one run of 4/0? Thing is Ive never used a distro block .Any insight is appreciated im kind of lost on the grounding. The amps I have are a dd ss4a dd m1d . All the inline fuses and all that are going to be gp caraudio. The battery is a gp agm34 with sae terminals.thnx guys.

Hello guys. So I just got back from Mexico and Im going to do my big 3 and run a second battery. Im going to be doing 3 runs of 2/0 royal excelene welding cable front to back. I was thinking of doing doue runs of grounds and big 3 is that worth it? Also do I need an inline fuse between alt and batrery power wire? My other question is can I ground both my amps into my battery terminal and then ground my battery with just one run of 4/0? Thing is Ive never used a distro block .Any insight is appreciated im kind of lost on the grounding. The amps I have are a dd ss4a dd m1d . All the inline fuses and all that are going to be gp caraudio. The battery is a gp agm34 with sae terminals.thnx guys.
try to break your questions up.

the grounds aren't necessary if you have good chassis ground. what i mean is the chassis is the common or the MAIN ground where all the current flows to... so theoretically the chassis ground no matter where it is is fine UNLESS the chassis cannot support the current. if you want to play it safe ground the amp close to the amp and run one to the batterys ground. this will eliminate any "ground loops.

A ground loop is Simpy when the current is trying to go to the chassis and the resistance is so high on the ground that it finds a ground through other components..

2 2/0s are good for about 600 amps. more the better!

i will use nothing but copper. its slightly more expensive but if you use aluminum battery terminals you might as well use aluminum wire. the distroblock will limit the ampacity.

try to break your questions up.
the grounds aren't necessary if you have good chassis ground. what i mean is the chassis is the common or the MAIN ground where all the current flows to... so theoretically the chassis ground no matter where it is is fine UNLESS the chassis cannot support the current. if you want to play it safe ground the amp close to the amp and run one to the batterys ground. this will eliminate any "ground loops.

A ground loop is Simpy when the current is trying to go to the chassis and the resistance is so high on the ground that it finds a ground through other components..

2 2/0s are good for about 600 amps. more the better!

i will use nothing but copper. its slightly more expensive but if you use aluminum battery terminals you might as well use aluminum wire. the distroblock will limit the ampacity.
Do i need a fuse between alt and battery for big 3?

My battery will be on the back with my amps. My grounds are the seatbelt bolts.

Since theres a ashit ton of cables can I ground my amps onthe batteey then use a 4/0 to ground the battery?

The terminals I have are the gp c.a. sae terminals. Wire is ofc royal excelene 2/0.

Should I change them to full copper terminals?

Do i need a fuse between alt and battery for big 3?
My battery will be on the back with my amps. My grounds are the seatbelt bolts.

Since theres a ashit ton of cables can I ground my amps onthe batteey then use a 4/0 to ground the battery?

The terminals I have are the gp c.a. sae terminals. Wire is ofc royal excelene 2/0.

Should I change them to full copper terminals?
4/0 is good for 400 or so. the two 2/0 are good for 600. so its not ideal

copper is about 130% more conductive. id do copper..

4/0 is good for 400 or so. the two 2/0 are good for 600. so its not idealcopper is about 130% more conductive. id do copper..
You're right. I'll just double stack the wires.

Im gonna try to sell the terminals to a buddy & if i sell em ill get coppwe.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.