this is f-ed up...

Participant count
  • Participant list

mgaidica
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Veteran
well im using a port calculator and I'm playing around with numbers and I'm wondering whats like a good length or what to go by. It will be 13.25 inches high, and i am trying to decide an ideal length for the port, or ideal width. Is there any specific width/length they should be?

I'm coming up (with your measurments) with your box being tuned closer to 38hz.. Thats just going by the size of your port and the box volume..I also think (if you haven't built it yet) you should change a few things on your port and make it longer. With that short of a port you may get some unwanted port noise.

yeh, thats what im trying to get at. How long would you say is good? Where did you get that calculation? I'm using a calcualtor on louspeakers101.com. Thanks a lot...

Don't forget that the port should be at least it's width away form the closest wall. So in your case, make sure your port is at least 2" away form your closest side wall.

Originally posted by ridered36 Don't forget that the port should be at least it's width away form the closest wall. So in your case, make sure your port is at least 2" away form your closest side wall.
This is very true^^^^ Thanx ridered I didn't even think of that.

I was using winisd pro. And I'm not sure on the lenght but personally I would go at least 8-10 inches long

I'm talking in terms of a slot port (same as vented right?) just so we are on the same track. So say I make the port about 10 inches long, will it matter how much room i have after that? Say I have a 15in long box, and a 10in port, I'll be ok right?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

mgaidica

10+ year member
CarAudio.com Veteran
mgaidica
Northville, MI
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date