These any good???

Participant count
  • Participant list

Babykinns
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
Ok so I have 4 5.5 inch 2 way coaxial Alpine Spr-132a 150 watt 35-65 watt rms speakers in my Prelude. My question is are these any good quality wise. Also when I turn my system up the bass starts to distort the vocals. Should I bridge them in sets of 2 and hook them up to the front channels of my amp and turn the front channel dubbing down low? 2 are in the doors the other 2 are in the rear dash.

Ok so I have 4 5.5 inch 2 way coaxial Alpine Spr-132a 150 watt 35-65 watt rms speakers in my Prelude. My question is are these any good quality wise. Also when I turn my system up the bass starts to distort the vocals. Should I bridge them in sets of 2 and hook them up to the front channels of my amp and turn the front channel dubbing down low? 2 are in the doors the other 2 are in the rear dash.
Are they on a High Pass Filter?..you say they are amped already, what amp?

Are they on a High Pass Filter?..you say they are amped already, what amp?
I don't have them hooked up to my amp yet. What im wondering is if i wire them together in sets of 2 (positives together/negatives together) then use a speaker wire thats 2x the size of 1 piece of the stock wire (to equalize the current of the wires being doubled up) to run them to the front channels of my amp. Would it make them clear and not distorted? The amp is a Scosche efx hd6004 1250 watt 4 channel. I can post the specs if you'd like

Basically to eliminate the bass from everything except my subs because they alone are obnoxiously loud

yea they arent really good for bass. the guy to post up can suggest and even possibly sell you something better for a good price
Just a note I'm not trying to use them for bass. I have dual 12" kicker cvr dvc's 2ohm. I'm basically trying to use the alpines mostly for the vocals and I was asking if they would be good for that. also read my other posts below yours n you'll see what I mean.

just wire each speaker channel to the 4-channel amp properly and then set high pass filters to eliminate the bass coming out of them.
The reason I was asking about doubling them up in sets of 2 is because they are 35-65 watt rms and my front channels on my amp put out 110 watt rms a piece that that would put each speaker at just a little over their max rms. Also i use the rear channels for my subs. And I'm pretty sure if i wired the Alpines each to their own channel the amp would probably murder them.

neways heres the specs of the amp mabe it will help you understand my reasoning a little

65 Watts x 2 Ch (Front) & 110 Watts x 2 Ch(Rear) RMS Output Power

(@ 0.09% THD from 20 Hz ~20 kHz into 4 Ohms)

85 Watts x 2 Ch (Front) & 140 Watts x 2 Ch (Rear) RMS Output Power (2 Ohm)

170 Watts Bridged (Front) & 280 Watts Bridged (Rear) RMS Output Power (4 Ohm)

1250 Watts Total Maximum Output Power

Low Impendence 2 Ohm Load Capability

(Stereo only)

Bridgeable - 2/3/4 Channels

Multi-Mode Capability

Adjustable High Pass/ Low Pass Electronic

Crossover (40Hz ~400Hz)

Adjustable Bass Boost (0~ + 12dB @ 45Hz)

Line Level & Speaker Level Inputs

Soft Start Turn-on/off

Over Heating & Short Circuit Protection

Adjustable Gain Control (200mv ~ 6 Volts)

MOSFET Power Switching Transistors

Frequency Response - 20 Hz~20 kHz +- 0.5 dB

Signal to Noise Ratio - Greater than 98dB

THD + Noise Less then .09% from 20 Hz~20 kHz into 4 ohms

Bass Boost 0~12 dB @ 45Hz

Electronic Crossover 12 dB/oct. 40Hz~400Hz

Speaker Load Impedance 2~4 ohms in stereo mode

Power Input Voltage 14.4 VDC (10.8~15.6 VDC allowable)

SA4004 Dimensions 2-7/16” x 10” x 13”

SA6004 Dimensions 2-7/16” x 10” x 15-9/16”

****, that's a weird *** 4 channel amp. its like 2 2-channels slapped together into one. a normal 4ch should give rms power X 4. I understand what you're trying to do though. i doubt you will need to double the speaker wire on that little power, you're basically just wiring 2 speakers onto 1 output, tapping a channel in a way. Go for it, already sounds more ghetto rigged than my LS, should work fine theoretically and not blow anything up.

I'm positive that it wont blow anything up I'm just wondering if its worth doing. In other words would it do what I want it to do and remove the bass and distortion that it currently has at higher volumes? I mean it seems very logical and in theory it should remove the distortion right? I mean if im correct the bass is what causes the vocals to distort at higher volumes?

****, that's a weird *** 4 channel amp. its like 2 2-channels slapped together into one. a normal 4ch should give rms power X 4. I understand what you're trying to do though. i doubt you will need to double the speaker wire on that little power, you're basically just wiring 2 speakers onto 1 output, tapping a channel in a way. Go for it, already sounds more ghetto rigged than my LS, should work fine theoretically and not blow anything up.
Btw believe it or not its a competition amp 1 of the first competition amps Scosche created. And as a matter of fact judging by the way the amp works I think it was created to basically do what I'm trying to do

well what you really need is a high pass filter. that will "filter" the low frequencies our of your speakers. it doesn't matter whether you power the speakers through the pre-amped headunit leads, or from that amp you have, as long as you have a high pass to get rid of the lows, you will get your desired results. oh yeah, too much lows coming from your speakers will make things sound funky.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

Babykinns

10+ year member
Senior VIP Member
Babykinns
Nelsonville, OH
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date