The rattle, oh sweet lord the rattle...

Demi
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
Hahira GA
Alrighty, I just got my Alpine Type-X installed in about 2.5 cubes @ 32hz running off of a mrd-m1005. I just threw some 4 gauge in there while im waiting for my 0 gauge, and i dont have my compents in yet so there is only so loud i can crank the system. Because its a temp installed i havent yet drilled a good ground point or done the big three until i get my 0 gauge in the mail. So the ground *****, power *****, and the stock speakers ****. I havent gotten the alpine HU past -4 bass and 25 volume and its hurting my ears, and i work on f-16s...........SO, i know that the output is going to be MUCH MUCH more when i get my **** right, but im already rattling so bad its hard to enjoy. Ive got a dynamat bulk pack thats not all in yet, ive only done a single layer on the back hatch of my 91 accord station wagon. Are there any tips and tricks to rattle fighting? Right now its KILLING my sound.

Oh and for gee whiz factor. I just finished carpeting the box, im running off of a cda-9857, mrd-m1005, and i finished installed my 130Amp alty today. Ill get some pictures when i can.

Try to tighten all hinges, bolts, screws, etc. I would get some more deadener...a lot more. Layer it up and apply it everywhere. Take the door panels off and tape all the wire looms down in place and layer it thick on there as well. The SEARCH is your best friend on this forum though...the reason why I have been a member for so long, but yet have so few posts. hahaha

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.