Central Region The NEW Illinois meet: Sept. 28th

IA,IL,IN,KS,MI,MO,MN,NE,OH,OK,TX,WI
I just want to thank everyone for coming out. A big thanks to Tommy "Ten inches of Terror" for all the help since I was so sick.

I want to appologize to everyone for not being so social. I had a killer cold all weekend and was drugged up a little trying to fight it off.

It was good putting faces to some of the names on here.

This weekend was a personal best for my Aztek with a 150.8, I just wish the amp wasn't going into protect, might have seen a 151+. Not to bad for some beat up four year old L7's.

I can't wait to meet up and do it again, hopefully next time I won't be so sick.

As far as the Regal goes, in his defense, he did not build that car for SPL. He built it for the wow factor of having eight 12's in a regal, and wanted to make it pretty and flashy. He went with the Hifonics stuff because it lit up and looked flashy for car shows where people don't care about SPL. Last time the car was metered it did a 148.9 on the TL with the windows up. Not bad for a sealed box with only about 500 watts per sub.

The motor is loud, again for the wow factor, but when the motor is off and he demos the system it actually sounds pretty badas$ with all the coaxials and components.

On a side note. If he was bragging about being the loudest, shame on him, he knows better than that. If it was his boys bragging, that's a different story, as they don't know the deal.

As far as the car clubs from Aurora, they don't know squat about SPL and they have already started asking me to help them get louder. We'll see if any of them pull through.

By the way, I defend the Regal because I helped design it five years ago, and I have to defend the Aurora boys because that's where I grew up and have always been known as the Big Dog for loud systems.

As far as the Regal goes, in his defense, he did not build that car for SPL. He built it for the wow factor of having eight 12's in a regal, and wanted to make it pretty and flashy. He went with the Hifonics stuff because it lit up and looked flashy for car shows where people don't care about SPL. Last time the car was metered it did a 148.9 on the TL with the windows up. Not bad for a sealed box with only about 500 watts per sub.
The motor is loud, again for the wow factor, but when the motor is off and he demos the system it actually sounds pretty badas$ with all the coaxials and components.

On a side note. If he was bragging about being the loudest, shame on him, he knows better than that. If it was his boys bragging, that's a different story, as they don't know the deal.

As far as the car clubs from Aurora, they don't know squat about SPL and they have already started asking me to help them get louder. We'll see if any of them pull through.

By the way, I defend the Regal because I helped design it five years ago, and I have to defend the Aurora boys because that's where I grew up and have always been known as the Big Dog for loud systems.
My pleasure alex. Thanks for getting the shop to let us have the show there. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

I liked having it in conjunction with a car show and not in the middle of nowhere for once.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

tommyk90

5,000+ posts
THE WHOLE THING!!!
tommyk90
Chicago Heights, IL
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date