The new Alpine Type-X look sweet....

Bavarian3
10+ year member

Ownz joo
Nor*Cal
Check em out, not bad. now this is the crutchfield price but im sure theyll be cheaper when they get out to more online stores. I guess they handle 1000 watts rms.

h500SWX1242-b.jpeg

h500SWX1242-o_side.jpeg

h500swx1242-f-1.jpeg

nweibley
10+ year member

this:annoyinginsomanyways
Tampa, FL
I agree, buy maybe, somehow, someway, when you get major excursion on that thing, it looks cool somehow? The surround looks fugly though, totally out of place.

80_Cutlass_mn
10+ year member

What needs to be here?
Anderson,Al
That surround looks like something off a 30 dollar pyramid sub. But other than that, they look fairy decent. And who knows, maybe alpine is on to something with this new surround thing?

jimmyslide
10+ year member

Let me get you a spoon...
Isn't that surround kinda similar to what Cerwin Vega used to run with on their subs? Forget the prudouct number, but they had the red/orange surround. Decent excursion, but nothing impressive by any means.

Normal surround would have been better. Looks and Performance wise that is.

BooLeaN
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
I don't know why people hate the name Type " ". I like it, sounds plain. The sub looks pretty good but I'm a bigger fan of 12 spoke baskets instead of plastic things like the Type X and the Pioneer subs.

Should sound pretty good though, I'll have to stop by the local dealer in a while to check it out //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

theimpaler
10+ year member

i think it looks sexy and i might be the only one who likes the surround.

i doubt it will have mega xmax though, but alpine has always been about sq.

the whole type-* thing is obviously a marketing gimmick. quite foolish if you ask me because these types of rip off marketing techniques are typical of cheaper companies. but its not that big a deal i guess. hell, xxx sounds foolish enough but that didnt stop me from buying it.

tat2
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
mass
where?
i kno a kid posted a thread about em that i even posted in, but had no pics in it. so i posted a new thread with pics also for the peeps who didnt see the other thread. unless i missed something.

i posted pics after you replyed to the thread, i think dbfan asked some one to post some pics of the subs.

limitkid7
5,000+ posts

sell wite
GA
is that carbon fiber cone? didn't pioneer already do that?

i hope its not cardboard //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/sick.gif.b1847c8dabbfeeddbcf1a78052249e10.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.