The new Alpine Type-X look sweet....

Bavarian3
10+ year member

Ownz joo
Nor*Cal
Check em out, not bad. now this is the crutchfield price but im sure theyll be cheaper when they get out to more online stores. I guess they handle 1000 watts rms.

h500SWX1242-b.jpeg

h500SWX1242-o_side.jpeg

h500swx1242-f-1.jpeg

double thread
where?

i kno a kid posted a thread about em that i even posted in, but had no pics in it. so i posted a new thread with pics also for the peeps who didnt see the other thread. unless i missed something.

I agree, buy maybe, somehow, someway, when you get major excursion on that thing, it looks cool somehow? The surround looks fugly though, totally out of place.

That surround looks like something off a 30 dollar pyramid sub. But other than that, they look fairy decent. And who knows, maybe alpine is on to something with this new surround thing?

Isn't that surround kinda similar to what Cerwin Vega used to run with on their subs? Forget the prudouct number, but they had the red/orange surround. Decent excursion, but nothing impressive by any means.

Normal surround would have been better. Looks and Performance wise that is.

I don't know why people hate the name Type " ". I like it, sounds plain. The sub looks pretty good but I'm a bigger fan of 12 spoke baskets instead of plastic things like the Type X and the Pioneer subs.

Should sound pretty good though, I'll have to stop by the local dealer in a while to check it out //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

i think it looks sexy and i might be the only one who likes the surround.

i doubt it will have mega xmax though, but alpine has always been about sq.

the whole type-* thing is obviously a marketing gimmick. quite foolish if you ask me because these types of rip off marketing techniques are typical of cheaper companies. but its not that big a deal i guess. hell, xxx sounds foolish enough but that didnt stop me from buying it.

where?
i kno a kid posted a thread about em that i even posted in, but had no pics in it. so i posted a new thread with pics also for the peeps who didnt see the other thread. unless i missed something.

i posted pics after you replyed to the thread, i think dbfan asked some one to post some pics of the subs.

is that carbon fiber cone? didn't pioneer already do that?

i hope its not cardboard //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/sick.gif.b1847c8dabbfeeddbcf1a78052249e10.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.