The Fi SSD 15"

Random
10+ year member

Old School
Hey guys, I have decided now that is it time for an upgrade.

Over the last couple of days, I've been researching a lot of 15" subs.

I have come to the conclusion that the best sub for me is the Fi SSD 15. (My goal is a 15" sub that is 1,000RMS under $300).

I already have an amp installed, the Hifonics Brutus 1200.1D, 4 gauge wire, stock battery and alternator (there recently was a new 2012 12" Type R installed, it was very nice and I had no regrets).

My question is: does this system sound good? The SSD 15" 2 ohm wired to 1 ohm on the Hifonics amp, and I plan to get a custom box that is around 4 cubic feet.

If anyone has a set-up similar to this, please feel free to leave a post here.

[quote name='Wanacustomx']Can't go wrong with fi... Also check out psi platform 1's if you contacted them I'm sure they could build ya a platform 1 to hold 1k daily.. Tell them your goals and your budget they will work with ya[/QUOTE]

or with @SPLaudio;

SSD is a solid sub, but any reason you're not looking at a Q? No idea on price so that might be why
With some extra mods and shipping, the cost for one is more than $350, I'm looking no more than $300 total. Thanks though

Go check my thread in this secion, about 4-5 threads now. Called "Upgrade Fi SSD 15" I think, something like that. Like 4 pages of talking about the sub/wiring/boxes/amps everything. I've got my system planned out for around $600. Thats custom box building/amp/wiring/sub ect. Maybe $650. Around that area. Even talked a little about fully loading the sub or not, if its worth it. The sub is about $225 without shipping, like $260 with. Not fully loaded. over $300 if i load it completely. Which isn't all necessary.

Does anyone know if it is absolutely necessary to buy all the options for a Fi sub?

I only plan to power the sub no more than its power rating.

Does anyone know if it is absolutely necessary to buy all the options for a Fi sub?
I only plan to power the sub no more than its power rating.
I've heard it's not necessary at all. Especially if you aren't going to exceed the rms limit.

So Motokid if I wanted to push 1200 watts out of the hifonics brutus to the 1000 watt Fi SSD it will be fine even without any options?
Absolutely, and conveniently enough that amp has a gain adjustment so you can just back the gain down a bit if needed. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

I would add the cooling though just in case you get crazy with the volume knob haha.

Absolutely, and conveniently enough that amp has a gain adjustment so you can just back the gain down a bit if needed. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif
I would add the cooling though just in case you get crazy with the volume knob haha.
Correct. When I buy my Fi SSD 15 I'll add the cooling but that'll probably be it. Like I said i'll be pushing mine with an MB Quart DSC 1000.1. Or an Aq1200

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.