tell me about a good 6" speaker for my car

Participant count
  • Participant list

hillz_nz

Hey

i own a Subaru Impreza sedan, and was wondering what type of speakers would suit it? I've been told that 6" or 6.5" is what i sohlud go with, so does anyone have a brand and model they can recommend? I am looking more for bass than clarity, i've been looking at some Alpine SPS-1629S's. Is there anything else that is good out there? I'm buying four of them!

Hilary

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

alpine puts out really good speakers. i didnt think fosgate speakers were too great until i put them in my car. i've had 2 different sets of fosgate, the ones i currently own (rfc2269), and rfc2206. i went thru 2 sets of the 2206's (i blew the tweeters on both sets). however, i like 2206's sound alot better, but the power handling is 50 watts as opposed to the 2269's which are 75. i'd go with 3 ways if u can afford them. cerwin vega also makes some good speakers. very clean sound if u ask me. but these are just some "budget" speakers. there are way better ones out there. i've heard infinity's and they sound awesome. mb quarts puts out a great line of speakers and the boston pros are great too. if u have a lot of cash to spend, go with some focals, probably the clearest speakers on the market out there.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.