Tear...

Participant count
  • Participant list

Bluecamry
10+ year member

So my CW15 blew a few months ago, and im just now having the time and money to look into a new system. I would just replace the sub, but my feeling now is I would like a little bit more boom. It was paired to an MRD-M605 amp, which I wish I could use, but frankly I doubt it.

Im either looking now for 2 12" in a bandpass, or even if it fits, 2 15"s in a sealed. Price range for the subs is simply... reasonable. I dont mind spending just a tad more for a really good setup that will LAST for a long time, and sound great. I havent had the time to look too much at a lot of brands, but I have been considering Fi, or some Type Rs. Any help or ideas appreciated.

I wanted the Rs because two 12s of them I figured would be a lot louder than my single 15. Every sub in a bandpass ive heard is louder and hits harder than in a sealed or ported box.

Im not sure how I blew it.. and actually still have to take it to a shop to get it tested, but initially I thought it was my amp, and after sending it to Alpine they said it was fine. Massive said to have it tested and to mail it to them if it is blown. I believe it was blown though, from having too much air in the box, thus stressing it out too much and causing it to blow. Or something...

Its an amazing sub if you put it in the right box. the first box i had it in was way too small, and the sub was choking. it still played loud, but after putting in my bigger box it was amazing. the sub hits low and hard, and is great all around sub. as soon as i get this current issue resolved, i will have no problem recomending it to anyone. its accurate and loud, and seriously comparable to my friends two CVR 12"s, which are also loud subs. paired with the right box, this sub will be more than your expecting.

Type R's are no better if not worse than your massive cw (I'd take the massive)
bandpass?? why??

Ryan
A properly designed bandpass enclosure can perform very well.

Bandpass enclosures have gotten a bad rap because retail manufacturers have been designing shitty ones for years

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

Bluecamry

10+ year member
Bluecamry
Phoenix AZ
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from