TC, FI or SI?

ZeroGuage
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
due to the limited space im working with, i'm having a hard time deciding what to do for subwoofers. I have a convertable camaro and will be picking up another box from subthump.com (pick below, Holds 2- 12' subs). It will be 1 cube sealed per sub, or possibly 2 cubes ported and a sing 12". the subs i was interested in:

2 - TC-3000

2 - FI q

2- SI Mags

Or if i did the 2 cube ported box i would probably go with a fully loaded FI btl.

I would like to get as loud as possible without sacrificing too much sound quality.

My biggest question is, would the single BTL ported get louder then 2 of the 12's listed above sealed?

here is the box:

vert125.jpg

i too would go with mags, but it depends on what kind of power you have. Mags only come in Dual 2's so youd have to run a 2kw amp at 2 ohm, or .5 ohm. I would take that into speculation too.

I happen to have two 12" Mags that are currently for sale in excellent condition if you go that route.

I have had some interest in one of them but no payment yet.

I think 2k is plenty for mags and Q's, if you ran it at .5 im sure it would be up past 3500w

the tc3k would be the way to go if you wanted to run it at .5ohm, they can take up to 2k a peice if your careful on gains.

How is your electrical, ive heard those PB3000's are power hogs.

I happen to have two 12" Mags that are currently for sale in excellent condition if you go that route.
I have had some interest in one of them but no payment yet.
i have a check coming for 3 grand in 2 weeks, if you still have them then i'm definatley interested.

Jake, im in for one of those too, once my sale on ebay is done, money is comion your way..

Didnt you have 4 of those 12"

Anyway, back to you zero..

If you have a check for 3k comin in, make sure you BOOST your electrical before runnin any amp at .5 ohm //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

I think 2k is plenty for mags and Q's, if you ran it at .5 im sure it would be up past 3500w
the tc3k would be the way to go if you wanted to run it at .5ohm, they can take up to 2k a peice if your careful on gains.

How is your electrical, ive heard those PB3000's are power hogs.
I have done the big 3, 2 red tops, stock 105 amp alt.

ive been running this amp for a year now, Had a 4.5 cube box with an MT15 built into the back seat.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

ZeroGuage

10+ year member
Senior VIP Member
ZeroGuage
Sandusky, ohio
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date