tc-1000 vs. db-500..whats the difference?

Ridinhi
5,000+ posts

CarAudio.com Veteran
Just would like to know thats the biggest difference between the 2 subs?Other than the price. Just looking 2 get 2 12's for my current sealed enclosure which is 3 cubes. Anyone have any opinions on either? Just want to know which would work best with the box I have. Amp will be a kx1200.1.

Stamped basket vs. cast basket

pulp cone vs. aluminum cone

foam surround vs. rubber surround

The db500 is just a more cheaply manufatured subwoofer. They use parts that cost them less... and the basket allows for less travel. So, little less displacement.

nG

not a lot of people have experience with the db500. I would guess the 1000s can get louder and possibly lower, and sq will be good. A kx1200 might be a lil much for the 500s but headroom is always good.

^^^ yes its cheaper but it doesnt make it less of a sub. Its just different.
Did I say that? No.

It is more inexpensice to manufacture. It also has less displacement.

Both subwoofers are based off the same motor.

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/fyi.gif.9f1f679348da7204ce960cfc74bca8e0.gif

nG

They are probalby pretty close by most standards and output. You have less voicecoil options with the DB500 and 1000 has a little more excursion. I just hooked up two TC 1000's in a sealed box 3.2 cubes and they sound great. I have 750 watts rms going to each of them and they seem to take it well. I do not think that they would reach full excursion with 400 watts.

car2006.jpg

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.