Sx's Or Mag's

estyles1985
10+ year member

I think I love UPS
BTOWN MS
Looking at getting 2 12"s for my next car. Im looking at the RE Sx and the SI Mag. Just wondering which would have more output? I assume the SI would have better sound quality. I only need input from people who have owned or heard both subs. The amp is in my signature its birthsheet is 2480x1 at 4 ohms bridged. The rms wattage goes down as you wire to lower ohms. But it will put out over 2200 watts which is more than the wrms on both subs. Thanks in advance Eric //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/up2something.gif.dd110ecf3ae4b76050d87598f2f8de7c.gif

The magnum will crap all over the SX in the SQ department.Get the mags, they are sweet subs
I dont want no magnum crappin in my car its gotta be huge **** the 357 magnum is huge the SIs are huge, so magnum crap has gotta be huge!! HAHA Thanks for the input. Still looking for input on the SPL piece as well. I want something thats going to be LOUD. Just wondering which yall think is louder by ear, its gonna be for daily anyway???

I dont want no magnum crappin in my car its gotta be huge **** the 357 magnum is huge the SIs are huge, so magnum crap has gotta be huge!! HAHA Thanks for the input. Still looking for input on the SPL piece as well. I want something thats going to be LOUD. Just wondering which yall think is louder by ear, its gonna be for daily anyway???
magnums still get loud, I han't heard an A/B comparison, so I won't say one's louder than the other.... but Mags DO get LOUD!

Think of a plie of elephant crap then think of a pile of dog crap.

Thats how much better it is.

A SPL competitor in the U.K is currently using 6 Magnums in his SPL setup.

did ya read up on the mags yet? Great T/S and a STUPID BIG Xmax:naughty:

Loudness by ear seems to be low tuning. That causes cool effects like flexing of car parts, speech like you are behind a fan, nasal passages forced open and closed. 150db at 37hz 'feels' A LOT louder than 150db at 55hz.

i would go with the mags, chad hicks has owned both and he favors the mags.. also i have a pair in my car and is very loud with 1000 watts into both...

Yeah i have been checking subs for a few weeks now and narrowed it down. If I port it will be to 35hz. Anyone heard ported vs sealed how much output difference between the two on the mag? Hey prioracy that powerbass is 2000 at 2 ohms right? So 1000 a piece, how loud did they get you ever seen italian job? "Its a stereo so loud it blows womens clothes off!!!" HAHA But for real I know they sound good just wondering how loud they get, ever get them tested or know someone who did???? How much did you get both of yours for? Thanks for all the replies keep them coming trying to get all the reviews I can. Even tho I am sure there wont be a single bad one on the mag. Everyone seems to love it!!!!

i have had them both sealed and ported, it pretty much depends on what your goin to be mainly listening to in your car, if you like listening to rock i would go sealed, also if your into club music i would go sealed which is my opinion, rap/r&b type music go ported but i would tune a lil lower especially if you like low end stuff, actually i have to change my sig i'm running my amp at .5 ohms and feeding each mag about 1200 watts and it is crazy loud, but i'm planning to run in meca just for fun to see what kind of numbers i'll hit. I talked to nick about the new ones and he said they don't need that type of power, he said it should get insanely loud around 800-900 with the new ones, even if your only feeding it 400-500 it gets really loud, pretty much i'll be getting new mags when the ones i have go out on me

Nice I listen to rap not much else. I already have the huge amp so I am gonna run with about 1100 watts a piece. They should be about to handle 1100wrms a piece... I think... What should I port to 32hz 30hz??? Is you setup ported? And yes I listen to the crazy lows, late nite tip and representin (pastor troy badass bass beat). Keep it coming Thanks Eric

Yeah, what UP said, 28 you will get some crazy lows especially wit that mags... also i would go with a 4cf for both subs, and i have mine tuned to 33....

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

estyles1985

10+ year member
I think I love UPS
estyles1985
BTOWN MS
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date