SVT Lightning

Participant count
  • Participant list

Trey803
5,000+ posts

GAMECOCKS
SC
I decided to scrap my plans for a box for my infinity kappa perfect 12". Its a reg. cab ford f-150 lightning and basically I want as much boom as i can get in there(around 1000 watts) but still be able to have a comfortable seat position. What would yall recomend. Get a local audio shop to build a fiberglass enclosure and if so how much would it be? Should i got 2 10's, 1 12, 2 12's? . SQ is not much of and issue. I just need subs with high size to output ratio. So first i need to get a box idea that would be suffice for what im looking for.

my buddy is trying to figure out what to put in his lightning too. i think he's gonna go in the 8" direction with either single or dual, try looking into that route less room that's for sure

My buddy has 2 Memphis 10's in his L. Here are some pics

lightningbox.jpg

lightningbox2.jpg

This Lightning has 4 8" w3 and a custom center console with a JL 1000/1 and 450/4

SensuousSoundsInstall.jpg

those 10's are look exactly like what i want. Do you know the cubic feet of the box from your freinds lightning?

Dude... I put a 2.5 cube box tuned to 32hz with a kappa perfect 12... The thing was loud in there... I am absolutely possitive you could get two twelves ported in your F150 lightning...

Yes i know that i could. The problem with that is i will be very uncomfortable because the seat will have to be very close to the steering wheel and will have to be straight up. I was thinking about doing my 12 ported and put it behind the passeneger seat but I cant make up my mind.

Please don't think I am being sarcastic or rude.. I am 6'3" and I was able to drive comfortable in a Ford Ranger regular cab... a 93'. I fiber glassed the back wall and the lower portion on the floor to give me the maximum amount of airspace... I also used 90 degree elbows for two3" round ports... The front of the sub was fireing right into the back of the driver seat with a half inch clearance on the top, and an inch clearance at the bottom... I think if you go glassed back/bottom, and brace well, you could fit two Kappa perfect 12's ported... I would fire the ports straight forward between the seats.. I had to fiberglass the fronts of the ports because they had to extend out of the box about 2 inches. I am sure you could do that to maximize output in that truck.

also I removed the rear plastic molding and the 3/16" carpeted back off to reveal the metal before I took the mold with glass... Then when I installed it, I used spray adhesive both on the box and the back wall and aplied a "gasket" with the same fleece I use to glass... It fits snug, and sits very smooth...

no no no sorry i came off wrong. I didnt feel any of that. I would love fiberglass but i dont know if i can afford it and i would f*** it up if i tried it. Is it easy?

no no no sorry i came off wrong. I didnt feel any of that. I would love fiberglass but i dont know if i can afford it and i would f*** it up if i tried it. Is it easy?
Fiber glass is mad easy bro... Allot of people on here and resources from here to help you through it too... After a little research you can come up with specific questions that can be answered by the members here. This is what this thread is for... For some (like me) sharing knowlege to keep people motivated with their projects, and also help them learn, like I learned... research and questions... Allways research first then get really specific to clear things up if you ever get confused... Your project can come out sweet if you take the time to get what you really want out of it, and then take the time to spend necessary to make it all tight... Can come out good enough to get you really hooked in to custom building... It is much funner then simple square rectangle slot ported boxes...

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

Trey803

5,000+ posts
GAMECOCKS
Trey803
SC
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date