Sundown SA-6.5 comps?

Participant count
  • Participant list

Reinhardt
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
Idaho
I am going to replace my door speakers and was thinking about getting these Sundown SA-6.5cs, but I see they are ony rated at 60 watts RMS. I was told by some other people on a different forum not to worry about the rating, that Sundown speakers are seriously underrated on there power ratings. Well before I buy and fry a set I thought I would ask you guys first, you would know more about your speakers than anyone else. My mid range amp is a Kenwood Excelon KAC-X520, its a 2 channel amp that is rated at 125 watts RMS x 2 channels at 4 ohms or 250 watts RMS x 2 channels at 2ohms. Would this amp be too much for these speakers? Would I need to buy a smaller amp?

Nevermind, I just read your post on these speakers, it pretty much answered my question. I will be ordering a set next friday!!

Even if they couldnt handle the power doesnt mean you have to push all of the amp to them theres no law that you have to use all of your amp ajust the gain down untill your confident their not gonna blow and that goes with any speaker amp combo theres no limit how little an amp will push just a max.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

Reinhardt

10+ year member
Senior VIP Member
Reinhardt
Idaho
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date