Sundown NeoPro 6.5" Pre-Order

Status
Not open for further replies.

sundownz
Pro Seller

Supporting Vendor
North Carolina
We should have these around March 15th.

They will be available in 4 ohm and 8 ohm configurations.

Original discussion was here :

Sundown NeoPro 6.5 Prototypes - SSA Car Audio Forum -- PLEASE read this before asking any questions in case it's been answered.

Depth : 3"
Cut-Out : 5 11/16"

These are designed as car audio midrange AND midbass drivers -- they sound a bit different from most of the "PA" style drivers on the market as they were designed to produce mid-bass in a car door.

REGULAR PRICE - $99 EACH

Pre-Order Price - $85 each for 1-3 pcs
Pre-Order Price - $75 each for 4+ pcs
Shipped in Continental 48 states

EMAIL For Alaska or Hawaii.

THIS IS USA ONLY

You can either Paypal me directly at sundownz@Sundownaudio.com for the pre-order -- SPECIFY 4 or 8 ohm coils -- or you can order from your favorite local or online dealer.

As with any pre-order DO NOT place an order unless you are SURE about waiting -- there will be NO refunds for lack of advanced financial planning or unexpected delays. ETAs are a best guess and not guaranteed on a pre-order.

CIMG5117.JPG

CIMG5118.JPG

CIMG5119.JPG

is a non neo 6.5 in the works at all? almost $100 for 1 pa speaker is a little high.. to have a functioning front set it would be upwards of 250.. I looked a little on the other post but was not going to dig.. are there specs released for these yet? is that a double surround? you think these will produce midbass well or mainly be a midrange?

As with the entire NeoPro line they produce extremely strong mid-bass and have a very high extension on the top end as well -- we did some FR tests on them with no baffle here :

NeoPro-6.5, 8, and 10 Response Graphs - Car Audio Classifieds

At the moment I am not working on any non-Neo models... the NeoPro line was made to address a few common issues with this type driver :

1) Lack of midbass

2) Excess weight

When the most common application is 4,6,8 or more per door the last thing you want is a 15+ lb driver hanging on the door hinge.

As far as pricing... nobody that owns a NeoPro has complained about the price (most of the price is due to the Neo aspect). If you don't want to pay they are tons of other options out there for you -- I'd go check out Selenium as a popular inexpensive alternative.

PS : Here are some competing Neo based "Pro drivers" -- notice anything about the cost ?

http://www.parts-express.com/pe/showdetl.cfm?Partnumber=290-680 -- Eminence

http://www.parts-express.com/pe/showdetl.cfm?Partnumber=294-646 -- B&C

http://www.parts-express.com/pe/showdetl.cfm?Partnumber=294-647 -- B&C

http://www.parts-express.com/pe/showdetl.cfm?Partnumber=294-645 -- B&C

The Eminence is on par price wise with a smaller voice coil with less cooling built in (in fact the NeoPro-6.5 is the ONLY one in the list that has a 2" coil -- even counting the more expensive B&C units)... so I guess that "because Sundown" is a pretty invalid response after all, huh ?

Well, that and the Eminence is not suited for CA purposes without some "special" accommodations.

Eh, I was looking for some cheap 6.5"s that ran well off of H/U power as a gift for my father. He somehow blew all of his speakers at once off of H/U power. I don't see how, he's sort of a music snob and will deck you if he hears audible clipping. That, and I was going to get a SAX-100.4 because the chassis/heat-sink is teh secks. (lol $385)

So yeah, I'll use that for my own car. Now it's a toss up between these and some Hertz HSK's. I understand that these are two totally different products. Just depends how I want to do my install later.

Anyways, I hope the price of neo drops and you can get dat paper. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/greedy.gif.5a53e6246569d7ab79867170f3b06629.gif

I'd love to see Neo go down -- may even finish my Neo SPL sub if it does!

As far as this style of speaker the NeoPro sounds great -- it's not a reference SQ driver, of course, but it is clean and handles a TON of thermal abuse.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...

About this thread

sundownz

Pro Seller
Supporting Vendor
sundownz
North Carolina
Start date
Participants