Sun Visor Tvs

Participant count
  • Participant list

saintluey
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
Miami
I recently bought a pair of there. My concern is there is two antennas and two car 12v plugs. My questions is as follows.

1) Do i have to use this plug for them to be powered or can I use some other source.

2) do I need to use both antennas. Will one not power both.

Please keep in mind I also have 2 head rest monitors. So if anyone has any ideas or tips on how all can be connected please let me know for i am totally new to this area in car audio/video. Thanks

Do you really want the antennas??? Most people use video screens in conjunction with some Video source...PS2, Xbox, 12vDVD player. The antennas will allow you to get a few Television channels, and most likely they will be a little "fuzzy". Also without looking at the actual plugs, I cant tell if you can cut them off and just hard wire them to your cars elec. system. Some of those plugs have transformers in them to change the voltage. but in most casses yes you can cut the plugs.

well I suppose the antennas is for the built in tv tuner. The plugs thats comes out the monitor is a S-video plug . to there goes attached another s-video, whcih also has a pair of RCA, Antenna, Plug for the ciggarete light and another one whcih look likes those for home readio antennas. The brand I ahve never heard of. Its called Direct. powered by BMX 2239 something. It has a slogan that says "from the mid of a german". All i want the monitors for is tv, dvd basically. In the future i will put a ps2. Oh yeah will I need an extra amplifier. I was told with 4 monitors i will need it. Thaks

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

saintluey

10+ year member
Senior VIP Member
saintluey
Miami
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date