stopping roof flex

Participant count
  • Participant list

kykendall54
10+ year member

I have a do sp4 reconed by psi. It's fully upgraded to 3000 rms. I've got a saz 3500 pushing it. The box is up firing and I have so much roof flex. What are a few ways to stop flexing? I can hear a poping sound in the roof. I know thats brace is probably the best thing to do but I'd like to avoid that if possible. Just trying to get some thoughts on what I can do to reinforce the roof. Thanks

Drop the headliner and put some deadner on it, and while its down fill the area between the roof and factory braces with some expanding foam.

Thanks, ill pick up some dynamat then here soon, any idea of how much ill need? I have a chevy silverado 1500 crew cab. and what kind of expanding foam? any brand or kind you'd recommend?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.