ss3079

Participant count
  • Participant list

rsflores
5,000+ posts

just tryin to live,life
houston,tx
as yuo im in the prosses of of getting a new system, im lookin to put a couple of subs under my back seat im thinking of just going with 10s but if i go with 12 and a coustom made box (it be my first) and i cant get the air space needed how off will they sound im not sure which subs i want but i dont want them sticking out from under the seat.any pointers you could give me. oh yeh im going to do the front of the box glassed so im trying to get up on it . and im looking in painting my dash,door panels was woundering if you done this before if you know anything about this do you just sand and paint or do you to do something more?have you done anything to you new truck yet?

Hey man,

- First off whats the vehicle your putting this in?

- Use 10's under the beack seats.

- If you dont want to make your own box, get a pre-made vehicle-specific enclosure from MTX, JL Audio, or Q-Logic

- Yeah when painting your dash and various other panels you sand em and then prime and paint - make sure there covered...one Camaro I did took 6 coats before it was glossy enough for me....

- Hehe, have I done anything to the truck yet...thats classified information;)//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

the subs will be in the back of my 97 extened cab chevy,i was thinking of building a box to get some experiance i know working with glass is a pain but i wanna give it a shot

K look up the prefab'ed boxes and see if you can get some plans from them...and then go from there, its a breeze after the layout is complete.

i got a price today on a 7"lift kit w/out tax its like 2200 w/ tires im gonna go w/ the rims i have now and get better later,how hard are these things to install and do you do your own. i think my father inlaw knows how to do this,think he did one couple months back but i havent talked to him yet.if i put a 4"lift and no body lift what size tire do you think i could go w/ im lookin at 33s with the 10"rims i have now.

4" suspension lift eh? You should be able to stuff 33's easily under the fenders....$2200 is a good price for a 7" lift that includes tires, look into a front sway bar also. Let me know what tires come with that package..//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

rsflores

5,000+ posts
just tryin to live,life
rsflores
houston,tx
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date