Sq, Sq, Sq...

cwings

ok heres the deal. im looking for a setup with great sound quality. i really want something that just bangs right through your chest. i cant seem to get my system todo it. i have 2 audiobahn aw1200n's (yea, probably not the best) in seperate .85 cu. ft. boxes, with a kole audio amp (probably ***** too), and a audiobahn headunit (yea i know, just replace the whole **** thing). i cant figure out which part of my system it is. i think my boxes are not big enough, but it also might be tuning, or just shitty equipment.

looking for something that will make my heart stop at a moderate price.

i think you're a little confused...

sq doesn't mean really loud and heart stopping in most cases

but if you want it louder, id say build a ported box

i had a large ported box before. it is very loud, but does not really go through you
What //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/confused.gif.e820e0216602db4765798ac39d28caa9.gif

All I see you mention in your original post is how you want something loud...heart stopping. No where do I see you mention your desire for sound quality, as the title to the thread indicates.

Also, there is nothing you can do, other than make the system louder, to make it "heart stopping" or "go through you" (whatever in the hell that means).

Im sure hes just looking for the "punchy" bass, seems thats what everyone wants.

Search, theres alot of threads about achieving this.

if you want some good sq and loudness buy a zapco c2k 9.0 and get a better hu //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif , and buy some treo subs just my 2 cents or buy w/e u want //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

If you want sound quality, first you need to have good quality equipment. Next you will have to take the time to properly tweek your system. I have had alot of good help on here to find out how to propery tweek my system. Good sound quality takes time to find and figure out. Trust me, I have spent alot of time to get my system to sound the way is does. Don't get discouraged, there are lot of knowledgeable people on here that will help you. Just ask around and don't be afraid to do some homework and serch. Good luck!

i guess punchy might be the way to describe it. for those who cant figure out what im talkin about (im not a complete audio head, sorry), i guess i should say im looking for a really tight clean sound. definitely sealed... but what are some good woofers that will give me a very tight, fast response? im looking into getting an alpine head unit, and what about the amp? are pyle dryvers any good? i have a feeling you guys will say no..

are pyle dryvers any good? i have a feeling you guys will say no..
Your intuition is very good //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Because no, Pyle is not any good.

How much do you have to spend ?

How much room do you have ?

How much power do you plan on running ?

i have a 97 toyota camry.. room is not a big issue. because amps are expensive i would hope to run nothing more than about 1000 watts (500 RMS/woofer). if money were not an issue than i would just go all mtx with an alpine HU. i dont want to spend more than a grand. and as far as an HU, pioneer, panasonic, or kenwood?

PM Sub_Urban and buy his Hifonics BX1000D, which is only $135, and it's a solid amp. Then see if you can get a pair of Image Dynamics ID12's, and call it a day.

3 or 4 pioneer tsw306's @65 a piece

crunch gp1600.1 its real cheap

skeptical on the ground pounder but ive read a couple of detailed reviews saying theyre solid little bastards

if you want some good sq and loudness buy a zapco c2k 9.0 and get a better hu //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif , and buy some treo subs just my 2 cents or buy w/e u want //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif
a 9.0 and two tsx's sound great together. but that also drains roughly 3g's from your pocket in just the gear for the low end.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

cwings

cwings
South Lyon
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from
phantom240